Immigration & Entry Documentation
A guide to entry and immigration documentation for holidays on Tobago
Your passport must be valid for at least three months * after the end of your proposed visit. You may be asked to prove that you have a return or onward travel ticket, or the means to purchase such travel and you will also be asked for a fixed address for the period of your stay.
* The official T&T website appears unclear on the subject. One page (see here) quotes that passports must be valid for at least 6 months from the end of the proposed visit, whilst another (see here) quotes three months. According to the T&T Consulate in London, three months is the correct figure.
Visas are not required for holiday visitors from the following countries:
- EEC Countries: Belgium, France, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom
- Commonwealth Countries: All - except Australia, India, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda
- USA: On vacation for 3 months or less.
- Other: Austria, Brazil, Colombia, French Guyana, Guadeloupe, Iceland, Finland (3 months or less), Israel, Liechtenstein, Martinique, Netherlands Antilles, Norway, Suriname, Sweden (3 months or less), Switzerland, Turkey, Venezuela (14 days or less)
Further Information: For information about work and residence visas, or clarification of the above, see www.immigration.gov.tt where a full list of Trinidad & Tobago consulates and embassies is available.
No vaccinations are necessary, unless you are arriving from a Yellow Fever infected area when an International Certificate of Vaccination against the disease will be required. Although not a T&T requirement, some advisory bodies recommend that you have an inoculation for Hepatitis A.
Insect protection is advised, as there is a small risk of dengue fever, as in all tropical destinations. Medical facilities on Tobago are limited. Proof of ability to pay may be required before treatment is given. Medical insurance with provision for evacuation is advised.
Don't forget your national driving licence(s) if you, or any members of your party, intend to to hire a self-drive vehicle while in Tobago.
A departure tax is payable by all departing foreign visitors. See our Departure Information article.
Official Advisory Site
For official travel advice from the British and American government, please note the following links: