Guest Report

8 room hotel in south Bon Accord (listing)
Francesca Holmes

Guest Report

Post by Francesca Holmes »

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our holiday in Tobago and had a lovely time.

Sorry to go into a little detail now, but I wanted to give a bit of context!

On the day of our arrival we had a day trip to Trinidad with Newton George. We emailed to tell The Hummingbird of our plans - we agreed to leave our car at the Hummingbird at 5am (as we had stayed in Castara the night before) and weren't expecting to actually check in until gone 9pm that night. As it happens we got an earlier flight back from Trinidad and arrived around 8pm.

I was a bit worried that arriving an hour earlier than planned would be a bit cheeky, but Paul, the owner, couldn't have been more welcoming and laid-back and was not phased at all! He gave us a very warm welcome and was very helpful.

The room was nicely furnished with a mini-bar (beer not outrageously priced either, hurrah!), a microwave and kettle (though there's no cups or anything, so if you want a DIY hot drink, bring your own cups and spoons!) and a comfy double bed and a single, as well as a TV and AC. The shower room was compact but very clean!

We had breakfast on the second morning there, and wish we'd had it on the first morning too (we didn't read the literature in the room properly - too knackered from our Trinidad trip!). It was easily one of the nicest cooked breakfasts we'd had for a long time! They also do evening meals (you need to book in advance by 1030am on the day) which from the menu looked nice and good value.

Restaurants are a very quick drive away at Crown Point - there are plenty to choose from. If you walk it's only 10/15mins down the road.

The swimming pool is great for cooling off in. On the day we checked out our flight wasn't until late in the afternoon but Paul was happy for us to sit by the pool and chill for the morning. In fact, check out isn't until 12pm so it's very relaxed.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Hummingbird, even being close to the airport it's still very quiet! Also Tobago is so small you could easily base yourself here and you're still within driving distance of the island's attractions and other towns.

Return to “Hummingbird Hotel”