Guest Report

8 room hotel in south Bon Accord (listing)
Sherrill Mckay

Guest Report

Post by Sherrill Mckay »

My husband and I spent the first several nights of our anniversary at the Hummingbird. The room was very clean, the pool perfectly inviting and refreshing, and the food provided by Hummingbird's owner Paul was impressively delicious and reasonably priced. We enjoyed his knowledgeable, relaxed, and non-invasive hospitality and he was happy to advise us when asked various questions as it was our first visit to Tobago. We had some issues confirming our reservations on-line and I am not quite sure why they occurred as we had thought we had confirmed reservations weeks out and then learned days out that we did not! Nonetheless everything was resolved prior to our arrival and we were relieved to find we were expected when we did arrive by late ferry and taxi. We were a little disappointed with the fact that our room allowed for little but sleeping in terms of space or furniture but we did have a balcony area (too hot to sit out during the days however) and we did enjoy the lovely pool in the afternoons. Hummingbird Hotel is perfectly situated for people who want to be close to the airport, close to the beach, close to the town, and don't mind the traffic associated with all of the above! We did sleep each night to the accompaniment of incessant roosters and I was fantasizing ways of silencing them by the end of our stay, but for the less sensitive sleeper the Hummingbird provides a clean, convenient and easily accessible accommodation.

Return to “Hummingbird Hotel”