Guest Report

8 room hotel in south Bon Accord (listing)
Terry Simons

Guest Report

Post by Terry Simons »

Hi,
I stayed in the Humminbird for a total of nine nights.
The superior room was affordable, comfortable and above all clean. Made up daily with fresh linen, the only real let down room wise is the chance to have a really good shower. The heaters are mounted at the shower head and low power, so don't expect a hot deluge!
Pool was kept clean, as were the eating area and gardens which were tended to every couple of days.

The hosts left a bit to be desired...if they wanted to talk to you, then you felt at home, if not then they wouldn't give you the time of day. If like me you like a cup of tea first thing, don't expect to be offered, everything hasd to be asked for.
The breakfast prices are extortionate, 8TT for a slice of bacon, the same for an egg and sausage, that's nigh on a Pound for each item! pricey for the 'full monty'.

When all said and done and the gripes put aside, it is a satifactory place to stay, close to the airport, pretty central to the tourist area and easy walk to local beaches and some lovely quiet bars.

Enjoy the island, the local people are smashing. The island itself, lush and beautiful. I tavel with my job worldwide and this is the only place if I had a chance that I could see myself settling in.
If you get a chance to snorkel in the North East of the island - DO IT! This is one of the best places in the world for seeing so many species in such a small area.

In a word -Beautiful.

Return to “Hummingbird Hotel”