Guest Report

8 room hotel in south Bon Accord (listing)
Johanna

Guest Report

Post by Johanna »

My husband and i took a short trip to tobago and needed somewhere convenient and affordable to stay. this place met our expectations on both counts.

we stayed in a room downstairs - the standard double room i.e. 2 persons and one double bed. although the room was not very spacious, it was clean and cozy.

i was a bit concerned about safety when we realized that the access to the room was only a sliding glass door with a lock, but considering that the main pedestrian gate to this hotel remains unlocked 24/7, we figured safety was not really an issue and so there was nothing to be worried about.

we did not get a chance to eat anything from the kitchen, but we could smell delicious aromas for breakfast. the same aromas probably surfaced at lunch and dinner, but we were out most of the day, so i can't say.

the mini fridge in the room was well stocked with water, beers, and other types of alcohol. also, there were two small cans of pringles. there is a price list up on the wall in the room. can't remember the prices right now, but they aren't too bad if you're desperate for something and can't leave the room. we had a car, so of course a quick grocery trip allowed us to get the same items cheaper.

the car park isn't much of a car park and doesn't have any fence around it nor access gate or anything like that. it probably can't hold more than 6 cars, but space was not an issue when we were there. there were always at least 2 parking spaces free. again, i was a bit concerned about the safety of the vehicle since there was no fence, but we never had any problems with safety.

the wifi access in the room was decent enough to check email and download pictures and even some bigger video files.

we enjoyed getting to know the owner's pet cat and dog. they were very friendly and loved being played with.

i only have two complaints. the first is in keeping with another reviewer's complaint that whoever answers the phones and takes reservations needs to be a bit more customer-oriented. she has a tendency to come over as being cold.

the second complaint is that i kept getting a small shock from the pipe in the shower. my husband didn't feel it, but maybe his resistance was higher than mine! anyway, i figured since the water heater was one of those electrical screw-on type heaters on the shower head, that there was some problem with the wiring and that's why i was feeling the shock. as our stay was so short and we were so busy i didn't bother to complain as a wiring problem may have taken a while to fix anyway.

overall our stay was what i expected and you can't go wrong with a clean and comfortable room for TT$360/night. i would stay here again, once the trip was short and i planned to spend more time outside the hotel than inside.

Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Guest Report

Post by Ronald »

As I´m an electric engineer, if the reason is the heater mounted on top of the shower, that shower should be fixed at once!
Some peoples might not feel it so bad, some might feel it more. A person who react strong for an electrioc chock can slip and fall, he/she can even die because of that!

ALWAYS tell owners about such problems!

Return to “Hummingbird Hotel”