Guest Report

1-bedroom apartment in Bacolet (listing)
Rachel

Guest Report

Post by Rachel »

Stayed for 4 weeks as a medical elective.

Booking Process:
Shirma was very easy to contact, and she responded very quickly to my emails. She even gave me her details to list as a reference on my visa application!

Shirma welcomed me at the airport and brought me to the supermarket & vegie market to ensure I had what I needed for the first few days. She is very kind and very happy to accommodate your needs.

Her apartments are located in Bacolet, a quiet neighbourhood next to Scarborough (15min walk). There are 2 neighbouring beaches :)

Transport:
You can walk to Scarborough (if you can stand the heat), but Shirma can help recommend a driver.
Shirma drove us Medical Elective students into the hospital each day and to the supermarket weekly.

Facilities:
Everything you could possibly think of is provided!
- Air con, fans
- Wifi
- Washing machine
- Wardrobe
- Iron + ironing board
- Plenty of storage space
- Fridge + freezer
- Oven
- Gas stove
- Microwave
- Well equipped kitchen - tea pots, cutting boards, colanders etc..

Shirma + Family:
It was a pleasure to stay with and get to know Shirma and her family. She would cook us traditional food (so good!) and introduce us to other traditional meals - I highly recommend Patsy's doubles! Shirma ensured I ate my weight in doubles since I enjoyed them so much.

I highly recommend staying here if especially if you are an elective student - Shirma is well acquainted with our requirements and the hospital!

Return to “Shirma's Apartment”