Guest Report

5-bedroom villa at Mount Irvine
Alana

Guest Report

Post by Alana »

The price for this villa was very attractive for a large group and the pictures online made the place looked really nice, however it was far from that.

First to begin with, upon arrival in Tobago around 8.30 pm with 4 kids, 2 sick adults (from ferry ride) and 2 elderly persons, we had to wait 45 minutes for the realtor to meet us.

On arrival to the house, we were shock to see the flight of steep stairs (especially for the elderly, this was not mentioned to us).

On entry in the house, it had a spacious living area with an outdated television and it had an 'old' smell with an uncleaned pool. There were also two dogs that were there sleeping on the lounge chairs, which the realtor claimed it was stray dogs but they seemed pretty at home to us.

On checking the rooms, the upper level bedroom had used personal items stacked in a closet/cupboard, when this was mention to the realtor his reply was 'just put it aside', I said but that's unsanitary, he said 'if you all want to use it you all can go ahead', I was in shock/pissed off at his comment; mind you I was already upset about the long wait. I looked at him and said, why would we use that, it's unsanitary. He looked at me and said, 'feel free to fill the bin up'. My level of anger and disappointment was just sky high at that moment. Mind you he did have an attitude as well.

I then asked him about the water supply. He said that there is a shortage of water in Tobago (I never had this issue at any other villa). He then went on to say that there is 6 tanks, but currently we only have two filled, WASA should come tonight or tomorrow to refill. WASA did come later that night and my husband had to attend to them.

After we unpacked the vehicles, we checked the rooms/beds thoroughly, where we found hair on one of the bed, white spots on another and black spots on another. We were disgusted by this. The towels looked dingy and was not white (which was not a problem, but I expected white).

Maybe about two hours after the fridge started to give off a terrible stench, upon checking it, it was hot at the bottom part and cool at the top part (we had meat in there as well, and yes some of our meat did spoil).

The air condition in the kids room stopped working due to being iced up and the toilet flooded.
The air condition in the room with the two double beds on the main level also stopped working.
The room with the single beds on the main level had electrical outlets that was not working (one of the outlet was 220 current but had 110 outlet).

We call the realtor numerous time that night to get some of the issues sorted or to be relocated. The realtor did not answer his phone, I left voice messages and text messages, he started rejecting the calls and then his phone was switched off. This really pissed me off so much.
Some of us did not sleep.

The next morning, he called around 9 am, I started to explain the situation, he said he will send over the maid and the electrician. I told him we were very much dissatisfied and we need to talk about the cost, maybe a cost reduction. He said okay.

The maid came in about 40 -50 minutes after I spoke to him, and the electrician came about two hours after. Everything got sorted out related to those issues.
However the realtor never called us to find out if everything was okay.

Eventually everyone settled the next evening and tried to make the best of the situation. The realtor did reimburse us for one night.

This is the last time I will be going there and I will not recommend it for anyone until they upgrade and improve their villa and customer service.

Return to “Calabash Villa”