Seahorse Inn

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Rod/Jean Cooper

Seahorse Inn

Post by Rod/Jean Cooper »

Our vacation in Tobago at the Seahorse Inn Jan (2004)

This was our sixth visit to the Caribbean, and by far the best.
It was definitely the safest island and the locals were lovely and friendly.

Miles of unspoilt beaches, bays and rainforests

Argyle Waterfalls is a must to visit, get an official guide, their knowledge is outstanding and you will see more birds here than Little Tobago.

Bucco Reef, the glass bottom boat trip certainly has the potential to be another high light of your holiday, due to weather conditions on the day we went, the current was strong: therefore the water was not as crystal clear as usual.

We stayed at THE SEAHORSE INN, thanks to the London Tourist Board, they sent us lots of useful information on the Island, one being the Tobago and Trinidad News. This listed hotels and guesthouses, which were not included in the Travel Agents brochures, which appealed to us.

THE SEAHORSE INN, principaly a restaurant also has four on suite rooms.
The rooms were clean comfortable and pretty, with a fantastic view of the palm fringed white sandy beach of Stonehaven Bay from our veranda.
The Restaurant- If you prefer fast, or re-heated food this is NOT the place for you. If you have an educated palate and appreciate fine wines from a well-stocked cellar, this is by far the best.
The menu offers an extensive range of freshly cooked food to suit the discerning diner.
All the food was of excellent standard and the seafood was superb. The service was good, the staff were friendly, the price was right.
Many friends we met staying in nearby all-inclusives were regular visitors to THE SEAHORSE, we thought that really sumed it up!
THE SEAHORSE INN was full most evenings so therefore a reservation would be a good idea to avoid disappointment, many holiday makers we spoke to, chose THE SEAHORSE INN as their last special night in Tobago in this restaurant, what a compliment to Nick and Norma the owners, who always took such good care of their guests. We have never repeated a holiday destination in over twenty years, (our policy) but we shall return, congratulations THE SEAHORSE INN.
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Great review ... might try the Seahorse myself.

Just one point ... Buccoo reef ... I personally would not encourage people to go there unless they could somehow just go for a 'sit' in the Nylon Pool and a barbie at No Man's Land and generally enjoy the views.

The reef is not in good shape and needs about 100 to 200 years to regenerate so I am just saying this to caution others about this.

Otherwise I am tempted to check this Seahorse place out ... thanks.

Paul
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Rod & Jean

I'm delighted you enjoyed such a great holiday on Tobago. Just for future reference, myTobago is the ONLY source of a full accommodation listing for Tobago. The stuff put out by the local tourist board only includes paid advertisers. I believe the same may apply to Tobago News. We do NOT charge for inclusion. If it's not listed in our Accommodation listings, it's because we don't know it exists - so are always grateful when readers advise us of new places they've found.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”