Restaurants!

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Zora Lawrence

Restaurants!

Post by Zora Lawrence »

Our favourite restaurant in Crown Point was Bonkers - moderate prices, always people there and often entertainment - good service and friendly place.
Cafe Iguana was a disappointment - we waited 1 3/4 hours (yes, nearly 2 hours!)for our food (only ordered main course - I ordered an omelette and Mr L ordered chicken) and then gave up (they apologised - it was busy) and went to bed!! We decided to give them another try and went the night before we left - we were the only ones there - Mr L's chicken was disgusting - all bones and no flavour.
Crystals had cheap tasty food with lively locals but was lukewarm.
We would have tried other places but they were all empty and we found it depressing to eat in an empty restaurant.
Cheers
Zora
Nora

Post by Nora »

Hi Zoe,you must be bonkers to rate bonkers as your favourite place. :lol: For me the quieter the place the better - I loved supporting the smaller local establishments rather than sitting in a lively bar with other tourists - I can do that at home. I had a lovely meal at cafe iguana and the service was extremely attentive it just shows how personal and unique are each individuals holiday experiences and proves the value of a site like this,.PS Crystals was great entertainment on a weekend - all the local characters strutting their stuff on the dance floor - not to be missed!!!
Zora Lawrence

Post by Zora Lawrence »

We spent over a week in Charlotteville and used all the local cafes which were all great - our only problems were when we were back in Crown Point area. We only went to Bonkers twice during our stay and that was because we don't like to sit on our own in an empty restaurant. Crystals we enjoyed - and the food really tasty but lukewarm. I think waiting nearly 2 hours for a meal in Iguana's was a bit much!!! especially as we only ordered a main course. To be honest we did give them another try but Mr L's chicken was all bones - they half filled his plate in a neat circle! I can't fault the food in Charlotteville, nor the atmosphere - food always delicious and fresh. We love people watching and Charlotteville was great for that. BUT Crown Point restaurants even the local ones, eg Columbus Snack Bar - never saw anyone in there! Rub-y Lous - empty - We don't eat out at home very often so it is a treat for us and sitting in an empty place is not our idea of fun.
Cheers
Zora

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”