Restaurants and food stores near Black Rock

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Danno
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Restaurants and food stores near Black Rock

Post by Danno »

We will be making our first visit to Tobago in January, staying in the Black Rock - Grafton Beach area.
Although we will have a car, we prefer to drive as little as possible.
What restaurants and food markets are in the area near where we are staying?
We plan to do quite a bit of our own cooking, so a good market is a necessity.
Also, some restaurants for those days when we prefer to go out.
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Restaurants and food stores near Black Rock

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Danno

Welcome aboard! :)

I'm afraid you have little choice in Black Rock. The Black Rock Cafe closed a few years ago and although it seems to have reopened under a new name, we have been unable to obtain any information on it. I think we can safely say that it is not an establishment that will be of any interest to the average visitor however, otherwise I would have heard more about it.

Having said that, you will be within a 1-3 minute drive of two of the best restaurants - Seahorse Inn on Grafton Beach and Fish Pot at Pleasant Prospect, with La Tartaruga at Buccoo only a few minutes further on. YOur best bet is to look at our Restaurants section for Region 2. This gives details of all the restaurants in that area.

There is a very useful mini-mart in Black Rock village and a few fruit and vegetable sellers. There is also the excellent Marie's Place mini-mart at Pleasant Prospect, just a few minutes away. For a full market, your only choice is Scarborough I'm afraid.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

Hi Danno,
To add to Steve's comments...if you are planning to do mostly self cater....you can get your traditional grocery stuff at the Pennysaver in Carnbee..not far at all from Black Rock and where people we know in Black Rock shop...(see map on this site). If you eat fish; the fishermen now have a building at the Mt Irvine beach facility (not the hotel beach)...I don't know the hours as we no longer live close to it. The" Meat Shop" on Golden Grove is always our pick for meat...lots of variety; you can even see the cattle they raise. They also have chicken, lamb (unfortunately, not local) and some seafood (have not tried); I think it is also marked on Steve's map.
Cheers, Carol
Danno
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by Danno »

Thanks Steve and Carol! Great info on this Forum!

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”