Jemma's Kitchen

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Stephen Wain

Jemma's Kitchen

Post by Stephen Wain »

They don't have a menu - you choose from Chicken, Pork, Lobster, Shrimp or Fish.

With a late lunch you may find that they run out of some food. Very busy most days - we didn't book but got a table fairly easily. There are often large groups as a number of tour guides take people there.

The staff (waitress) were a little sullen (I suspect they are overworked and underpaid), but they cheer up when they ask you if everything was ok at the end. (mmm...why I wonder?)

The amount of food served is amazing!

Recommended
Craig C
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by Craig C »

We visited during the last week of Feb and although it still has very nice food we feel it has lost a little something. The food no longer appears to come on an array of side order dishes but just on your plate with a little of everything.
Joanne Kassie Foehner
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Jemma's Kitchen and Pigeon Point

Post by Joanne Kassie Foehner »

Hi Everyone:
I agree that Gemma's has lost some of that local touch with the staff and the presentation of the meals.

The first time I was there in 1996, I ranted and raved about the place not to mention the reasonable prices. I returned in 2003 with my family in tow, only to be very disappointed as I heard my family say, "it was okay but nothing exceptional".

Pigeon Point was not even on our agenda either except to check out the rental of a sail boat and with that the guard gave us 15 minutes to make enquiries and watched us like a hawk!

Sadly, on our trip in February 2004, we didn't even bother to make the trip to either place.

Joanne

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”