Post by Rick Hernandez »

Hello - Does anyone know the price of fish in Castara -Rick
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Price of Fish in Castara

Post by Chris Runciman »

15/18TTD a generous pound.
That is cleaned and scaled ( snapper etc )
Buy a bag from Max for 1TT and a beer as you could be there a while! Be patient the guys have been out all day at sea.
Do NOT take photographs, really rude.
Make it known you want a fish, nobody will ask you. It will be the whole fish you are buying unless someone else will split it with you. Say fillet or cutlet and whether you want the head etc for making fish broth / soup.
Carry small denomination notes so they do not have to mess around making change.
The fish catch varies day to day, what you see is what they have.
There are 2 places now the new ( very permanent looking new temporary one ) over the bridge towards Cascreole,and the old one by Max's shop and Kathies food stand .
OR: Sharron's ( Boathouse ) husband Brenton brings in fish at Little Bay most days mainly to sell from his pick up around the villages . He has traps so ask him in advance for lobster!
Enjoy!
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Chris,

I just want to comment on your excellent reply to the question. I can't image a better introduction to the whole situation. Thanks!

Hugh 8)
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Thanks Chris - I've stayed in Castara twice & have bought fish at the co-op [didn't know of the other places - maybe because I always went in the off season]. Never new the price I always took what ever they gave me & paid what ever they said. Thanks again Rick

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”