Best Roti in Tobago ?

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Best Roti in Tobago ?

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Hi everyone - I love Rotis !!! I've had Rena's & at a stall in Speyside [ both very good]. Would love some input. Coming in 6 days ! Can't wait ! -Rick
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Re: Best Roti in Tobago ?

Post by Carol G »

Hi Rick,
I'm not a huge roti fan (sacrilege here!) but my husband loves them and has two very favourite places. Ram's in Scarborough...on Wilson Road across from the KFC and a place on the Windward Road (not sure if it has a name) in Studley Park. Going along the Windward Road towards Speyside the roti shop/building is on the left (ocean to your right). Go pass the Studley Park beach, fish market building, parkette (ocean side) and a road (landward side) and concrete block plant. Do not turn, stay on Windward Road...just beyond on the left is the restaurant, has a curved drive way in front. If you get to the Quarry have gone too far.
Both places sell until they are sold out; usually by 12:30-1.
Cheers,
Carol
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Phil Bondie »

Carol, Must be the place that all the dump trucks stop at between 10 and noon. I have not stopped but it must be good. Phil
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Thanks Carol - I'll check them out .
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Phil Bondie »

In Charlottesville Jabba the last place left on the beachfront has good rotis. Camilla (spelling?) behind Bay View grocery store if she is still doing it cooks at lunch and makes rotis a couple of times a week. On Fridays Lyda at Lyda's rum shop makes buss-up-shut which is roti like. You need to check and make sure she is going to cook and should pre-order. Today it is around 20 F and snowing. I'll be in Tobago in 3 days. Merry Christmas. Phil
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Rick Hernandez »

Thanks Phil - I'll have to check them out.I guess we are ariving the same day . safe travels to you - rick

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”