Orange Hill Yogurt

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Julian
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Orange Hill Yogurt

Post by Julian »

On an island where dairy products are in short supply this is a gem. One of the best ever tasting yogurts made from goat's milk produced in Tobago.

http://goatdairy-tobago.com

It's available in Penny Savers at TT$26 per pot. If not in the cooled cabinets try the ice cream cabinets where they may have some frozen.

Next thing would be a reliable source or real milk rather than the UHT stuff that is sold in the stores.

Julian
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Orange Hill Yogurt

Post by Hugh S »

I have been trying to locate their delicious yogurt but have not seen it in either the Carnby or the Canaan Penny Savers. I am craving her Blackberry Ginger!

Hugh 8)
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

Hi Hugh,
Her yogurt seems to always be in short supply at the Pennysaver ( Carnbee), we have seen her several times restocking in Canaan...told her how much we liked it. We were at the Pennysaver in town today and there were at least 5 or 6 containers; didn't really check what type, I am usually looking for plain to cook with. Ginger Blackberry....sounds awesome have never seen. Maybe send her an email and ask when she restocks or go up to Orange Hill.

Julian,
I keep seeing on a regular basis cartons of real milk (2%, etc) and half and half at the Pennysaver (Carnbee); as I'm not a milk drinker have no idea if it's fresh?

Cheers, Carol
Julian
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Julian »

Julian,
I keep seeing on a regular basis cartons of real milk (2%, etc) and half and half at the Pennysaver (Carnbee); as I'm not a milk drinker have no idea if it's fresh?

Cheers, Carol

Well by real milk I mean fresh full milk which generally has a 4-5% fat content. Semi-skinned, the thin anaemic stuff (2%), which is produced using centrifuges is also sold across the world as fresh milk.

I've seen neither of these in Tobago although I believe occasionally fresh milk comes in from Barbados but I've not seen it. I also have vague memories of being able to buy "fresh" milk of US origin - not of the same quality as our local UK milk but still a step up from the UHT stuff.

Be good if there was a reliable supply.

Julian
Josefa Patience
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Josefa Patience »

Hello People,

I`m so happy that you all like my yogurt.
But I facing some difficulties on my farm. I have no help at all. I`m also dealing with about 50 goats and have to do the work alone. Try my best to supply enough but...

I also got the information that some hotels now buying all the stock in the supermarkets soon I bring it.
I hope things getting better for me quick. To have a business in Tobago is not easy.

Thanks everybody

Josefa Patience
Orange Hill Nature Ranch

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”