Pleasant Prospect Cafe

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Pleasant Prospect Cafe

Post by Steve Wooler »

A pleasant find for our 2014 trip.

This new bistro is located above the Pizza Boys take-away in Pleasant Prospect (25yds from the Fish Pot restaurant). Several residents had mentioned it to me and said it was worth a visit. So, we did - and have returned from our first visit within the last half hour.

I have to say that we were extremely impressed with the ambience of the place (which came as something of a surprise, given the location), the service (for Tobago) and the cuisine. It is very much more 'bistro' than 'cafe', with prices to match (mains from TT$140-$220). We thoroughly enjoyed the meal and on being presented with the itemised bill, were delighted to find no hidden extras and that they don't excessively load drink prices (factors that other restaurants in the immediate area could learn from).

So, not cheap, but this is the first time in a long time that we left a local restaurant feeling that we had had a satisfying evening.

The only sour point was the manner in which the Trinidadian owner spoke to two arriving local customers, who stopped to say hello to us, slightly crowding diners at an adjacent table. He had a valid point, but there are ways and means of handling these situations. I somehow don't think he would have addressed them in quit the same manner and words had they been white visitors!!!!! To be honest, I'm amazed they didn't leave immediately. We did! What a shame, but nonetheless, we give the 'cafe' 4+ out of 5 and will return.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”