Our restaurant reviews

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Trish

Our restaurant reviews

Post by Trish »

I found reading people's restaurant reviews interesting and helpful before we left, so thought I'd do the same seeing as we've just returned...

Pelican Reef--Crown Point
Good dinner. Hubby had lobster and enjoyed, I had vegetarian pasta...also good. Reasonable prices. Nice staff. Would recommend.

House of Pancakes--breakfast
Took 2 hours to get a rock hard waffle, small portion of eggs, and one tiny slice of bacon. Go at your own risk.

Dillon's--Crown Point
Good seafood dinner, but a little overpriced. Nice service. Many things on the menu ended up not being available, which was a little odd. Would recommend.

Jemma's--Speyside
Ate dinner here with the group we went scuba diving with. Called our order in ahead, and they had it ready for us when promised. Excellent dinner and family style side dishes. Would definitely recommend.

Arnos Vale Waterwheel
Ate lunch here. A bit overpriced. We were their only customers, so service was great. Nice atmosphere, but we probably wouldn't revisit.

Mt. Irvine Beach Restaurant
Not exactly sure of the name, but it's on the beach. Had a nice lunch there with good prices. Would recommend.

Seahorse Inn
Ate lunch here. Nice atmosphere and selection on the menu. Reasonable prices. Would recommend.

Bonkers
Ate dinner here. The food was okay, but the service was horrible. Would definitely not revisit.

Pizza Boys

Interesting version of pizza. A little spicy for us. Would not revisit.
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

Had House of Pancakes down as a must for my month-to-go trip.

Nipper loves pancakes and they do veggie stuff.

Hmm...

(thanks for the reviews, very helpful)
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Marc, I'm sorry that Trish had a bad experience, but believe you me, that's the first time I've ever heard a negative comment about House of Pancakes. I can only believe that Kathy, the cook/owner, was not there that day for some reason. She's very "hands on" and insists on keeping small and doing everything herself to maintain standards, so there's no real backup if she's ill. Try it and let us know because I'm sure that was a one-off.

Trish, thanks for your excellent reports.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
CliffordTC

house of pancakes

Post by CliffordTC »

Marc,

I concur with Steve's comments. My only regret with The House of Pancakes is that we waited until the last day to eat there. The pancakes my wife and I enjoyed were easily the best we have tasted. we were fortunate that day as it was not busy and Kathy (the owner) was able to come out from the kitchen and coverse with us for some time. That was certainly an added treat. If you are a pancake connoisseur you must not pass up this place; and do yourself a favor and go there within the first couple of days. For my part I will just have to be content with the memory of a small, wonderful tropical island and the best pancake I ever had. :-$

Cliff
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

I'm certainly going there nice and early (in the holiday), they mention veggie and vegan, I need somewhere I can rely on if it all gets too chicken and fish on me else where :-)

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”