Unsatisfactory Service

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Lesly
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Unsatisfactory Service

Post by Lesly »

I recently went with two friends to a restaurant in Bacolet, they have Happy Hour from 3 pm until 7 pm. Nice surroundings perfect for a couple of us ladies to go and have a few undisturbed drinks. We were told buy a beer get one free...OK sounds good....we ordered 4 beers got our 4 free beers and was given the bill in T.T a total of 88.00 dollars. Two days later I went back taking 2 different people....3 beers (plus 3 free beers) the bill is now given to me in U.S...I question why U.S as U.S is not our currency...I am told that they only deal with U.S and if I insist the bill will be converted to T.T ????? an exchange rate of 6.30 U.S was used making a small glass of draft beer 28 T T ...after my first visit I went telling people go its nice blah blah blah....after my 2nd visit I went and told people don't do it, its yet another rip off
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Unsatisfactory Service

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Lesly

So sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience. I sympathise! However, you don't mention the name of the restaurant, so your complaint/warning doesn't really help anyone. Perhaps you can confirm the name of the hotel or restaurant?
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

It's a long happy hour that ... 3 until 7 \:D/ %*} :-& :mrgreen:

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Elizabeth.W
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Elizabeth.W »

A VERY long happy hour :D Need to get in training for my next trip %*} as I called it a day after 1 carib last time :oops:
Lesly
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Post by Lesly »

Sorry wasn't sure if you wanted the names of restaurants etc posted.... the one in question is Café Havana in Bacolet
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Lesly

Surprise, surprise! I sadly must report that I've experienced the same there. In fact, it is the only restaurant on Tobago that we have walked out from before finishing our meal because it was so unsatisfactory - and charged rip-off prices for meals that we both left. They weren't even bothered!!!!
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”