Restaurants we used

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
HelenH

Restaurants we used

Post by HelenH »

back from a 2 week holiday. Some restaurants we liked
marguerites, castara- Probably the best meal we had in Castara. Good choice and reliably open. If you want pizza you need to order the day before;

Kariwak village- Best meal we had on the island. Lovely service and fresh ingredients. Lovely setting. We went back here after checking in at the airport- they do salads and sandwiches all day

Birdwatchers, speyside- Nice creole cooking .

Stalls at the goat races and sunday school - local food much better than miss jeans at store bay
Julia C.
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Julia C. »

Thanks for your reports Helenh - we're going to Castara in late summer - it's lovely to read other visitors' views.
One question. I have read from Steve's restaurant information page that Kariwak village is on Store Bay road so I reckon it has to be pretty close to the airport, but is it in easy walking distance? You say that it is in a lovely setting, has it got a view of the sea? is it good for people watching? I know I shouldn't be even thinking about the last day of our holiday yet, but it would be good to know of a good place to spend those last few hours whilst waiting for a late afternoon flight out.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Julia, that was three questions, not one. Trying to slip an extra couple in without anyone noticing, were you? :lol:

Yes, it is a comfortable 5-7 minute walk from the Kariwak to the airport terminal (well, assuming you're not lugging heavy baggage).
No, you cannot see the sea from the Kariwak.
No, it's only a small hotel and you can't see the road outside, so people-watching is not an option. Mind you, you're only a 5-7 minute walk from the Store Bay beach facilities, which is great for people watching.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
HelenH

food and drink-restaurants we used

Post by HelenH »

Hi Julia
Just to second what steve said- it is just a short walk fromthe airport but you feel a million miles away. No view of the beach though. Try their ice creams and fruit and rum punches- wonderful. Lovely staff and we never felt hurried
helen
Julia C.
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Julia C. »

Steve Wooler wrote:Julia, that was three questions, not one. Trying to slip an extra couple in without anyone noticing, were you? :lol:
Hah! Caught out! :D
Though in my defense I suppose my one question was where's a good place to hang out whilst waiting for your flight out. I hate the last day of a holiday and have found that if you have a good plan it makes it much less painful.
helen wrote:Try their ice creams and fruit and rum punches- wonderful.
I think eating ice cream and drinking rum punch for a few hours may help to ease the pain. 8)
Thanks for the replies.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”