La Tartaruga - Wine Award of Excellence

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

La Tartaruga - Wine Award of Excellence

Post by Steve Wooler »

Gabriele de Gaetano, the charismatic owner of the excellent La Tartaruga restaurant in Buccoo, had just informed me that they have received the 2004 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. I understand that Wine Spectator is the most prominent and widely available wine criticism magazine.

Gabriele also received the award in 2003. He now stocks 237 labels – and will even describe the individual characteristics of each grape that went into the bottle if you give him half a chance. His knowledge and passion for wine has to be experienced to be believed. Don’t visit La Tartaruga and express any interest in wine to Gabriele unless you are prepared for a VERY long discussion.

Well done, La Tartaruga. I look forward to trying a few of those 237 labels on my next visit.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
John Hill

Post by John Hill »

Did you say all 237 labels ??

Hi Steve on the way to 1000 I said by end June could be on a winner !!

:lol:
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Don't be surprised. You youngsters just haven't got the same staying power.

Yes, you first reckoned that on 4th January, didn't you? Sorry that I dismissed your estimate - it certainly looks like you will be closer than my estimate of 1000 registered users before the end of this year. I'll send by the end of July. If you win, you get to keep that naff avatar photo. If you lose, you've got to change it for a REAL photo of yourself.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”