House of Pancakes and Panache

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Alex

House of Pancakes and Panache

Post by Alex »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 01 January 2003

I'm travelling to Tobago on 18 January (very, very excited!) and am interested in hearing about any good, reasonably priced restaurants. Native_tt mentioned House of Pancakes and Panache - where can I find these?
Patrick Dankou
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Patrick Dankou »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 03 January 2003

Hi Alex, The Panache restaurant and house of pancakes are very easy to find only a short drive from the airport. Coming from the airport you take a left turn at the Pigeon Point Road junction, after 50 m on your right hand side you will see the Panache restaurant ( next to my office :-) The house of pancake is just around the corner, too, you stay on the main road to Scarborough coming from the airport, about 100 m after the Pigeon Point Road junction you will see the house of pancake on the right hand side ( shortly after the yellow " Spence guesthouse" The phone contact for both is 868 639 9866. Panache is closed on sundays and tuesdays!
Patrick Dankou
Yes Tourism - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 03 January 2003

I should have know Patrick would get a plug in there. Mind you, after you've enjoyed your pancakes you could do far worse than pop across and arrange a tour with them, particularly if this is your first visit.

Have a look at our Restaurants section on the main myTobago site for further information on eating out.

We're flying out to Tobago with Monarch on the 18th so if you see us (see the About page), please wish Jill a Happy Birthday - she's a bit pxxxxd off that the flights so early and none of the family will be able to ring and wish her well.

Have a great holiday and let us know how you get on.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Tobago Love

Post by Tobago Love »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 04 January 2003

I had breakfast at House of Pancakes twice and they were GREAT!! Try the house special,;$36.00 TT where you get two big fluffy pancakes, two eggs any style, bacon, fruit bowl and tea/coffee/fruit punch...that is the best value for money in my opinion, tasty and fulling. Oh, and try the Nutmeg syrup on your pancakes...yummy..my advice is to go relatively early when they are not as busy so you can enjoy the birds and that nest on the patio.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 08 January 2003

Thanks everyone, I can't wait to get there and try the food out! We're flying with Monarch from Gatwick at 8.30. I'll keep an eye out for you Steve! Alex
Qadeerah

Post by Qadeerah »

Although a Trini by birth, I have been in the US for many years, and Americans only love hot dogs and apple pie more than they do pancakes. LOL.

My aunt and I were on a volunteer mission to TnT to provide free health care services which kept in Tobago for an extended period of time.

After being in Tobago for 3 weeks, we felt for some pancakes, so we stopped by Pancake House for breakfast.

Let me tell you..... it was WONDERFUL.

The American Pancake houses have nothing on Wayne and his wife.

These had to be some of the most fufilling, and filling pancakes I had ever eaten. The price was right too.

My aunti and I just licked out fingers blissfully. :D

Even better was the customer service. When Wayne who is the owner came to the table (he was our waiter), he chatted pleasantly with us and was really nice.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Pancake House on Tobago.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”