Tobago Nightlife

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
John Currie

Tobago Nightlife

Post by John Currie »

Hi,

My brother and I are giong to visiting the island for two weeks shortly and are staying at the Rex Turtle Beach.

Im wondering wot the nightlife is like (im 23 and he's 21) don't get me wrong I dont want ibiza (not my scene) but a few nights in a lively bar would be great.

If so wots the best way to travel to them? Taxi? are they reliable enuf to come back for you and are they cheap enuf to make the trip worth it?

Also wot time do the bars shut??

Any help would be appreciated :)

Cheers

Jp

Ps. Great site, very informative
Wanda

Post by Wanda »

Hi
Being somewhat older than you (!) i can only go on second hand information but i am reliably informed that Divers Den in Bon Accord is a good lively bar which is popular with locals and tourists. Also there is the Code Bar in Scarborough which is a sports bar with pool tables and a huge tv screen for watching the match. The Cat and Fiddle Pub which is at the Inn on the Bay at Little Rockley Bay is supposed to be very lively on a Friday night and then of course there is the famous Sunday School at Buccoo Village every Sunday night which is great whatever your age.
Have a great time.
Wanda
Rachel Crew
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Tobago Nightlife

Post by Rachel Crew »

Wanda is pretty much spot on with where and when the local nightlife happens - just to let you know though that it is "Bar Code" in Scarborough, not Code Bar 8)

From the Rex Turtle Beach your best option is taxi - there are taxis based at the hotel but I would suggest also calling or talking to some taxi firms outside, for example at Crown Point, as you often pay a premium for booking a taxi through the hotel.
Rachel & Marlon Winter-Roach
CocoMotion - http://www.cocomotion.net
John Currie

Post by John Currie »

Hi, Thanks for your replys...I will have to sample the suggestons, definitely.

Appreciated

John
Ally

Post by Ally »

hi,

my friend and i have just got back from tobago (both 18 ) and Divers den is THE place to be. Go on tuesday night defintiely for kareoke night but not your typical trashy kareoke!great bar so friendly and relaxed ( although you do get metal detected and bags searched before entering by the bouncers)! Divers den doesnt really get busy until about half eleven 12 but is still fantastic. There is a club upstairs called club 330 and that normally open about 1.30 and goes on until about sun rise. We went to bar code with two people who work at divers den but it wasnt really our cup of tea. It was a bit more uptight and a lot less friendly. Stick with Divers den all the way!! Enjoy and talk to Curtis the manager, Bruce the hilarious honkie, Atto and erland the bouncers to get the VIP treatment!
John Currie

Post by John Currie »

Hi thanks for the reply sounds good, we will check it out!! :)

hmm, club till sunrise....could be dangerous wernt expecting that!
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

Check out Pelican Reef - Crown Point. Nearest I saw to a "pub" atmosphere. Mainly tourists but I certainly felt like a good night on the cocktails and beer would be good there (shame I had teetotal girlfriend and tired and bored 8 year-old in tow!)
John Currie

Post by John Currie »

Marc Jones wrote:Check out Pelican Reef - Crown Point. Nearest I saw to a "pub" atmosphere. Mainly tourists but I certainly felt like a good night on the cocktails and beer would be good there (shame I had teetotal girlfriend and tired and bored 8 year-old in tow!)
Thanks m8, i will do! :)
Jacqui

Post by Jacqui »

Make sure you visit "Sunday School" which is not far from Turtle Beach by taxi and a must!! There is a "night club" there which you just have to go and see what its like!! :!: :!:
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

I agree,"Sunday School"is a MUST DO.Go after 10pm and arrange beforehand your return taxi,
David(less than four months to go) :D :D :D
John Currie

Post by John Currie »

So I take it its a name of a club? "Sunday School" or what?
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

John,you could say it is a"club",with the biggest pan band you will ever see!It is in fact one huge street and beach party/bbq/fun night.Definitely not to be missed!
Regards David(112 days to go!)
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi John

Yes, 'Sunday School' is the name of a venue. In a sense, though, it has become the name of an entire event.

Every Sunday evening, the village of Buccoo dedicates itself to an evening of entertainment. Street stalls set up and it affects every business in the small village. The event starts in the early evening when the local steel band play for a couple of hours - assuming they're not away at some competition, when the junior band might/or might not, take over. The main event doesn't really start until gone 11pm, from the main venue which is a sort of dancehall opposite the beach. A huge sound system kicks into action, playing mainly Jamaican dancehall, but with a good mix of soca, hip hop and R+B. It goes on very, very late. It's a great place for people-watching and can be very crowded, but watch out for pickpockets. Don't take cameras, watches or more than a few dollars to be on the safe side. It's a great event and one "not to be missed".
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
John Currie

Post by John Currie »

Thanks for the heads up guys, sunday school sounds like good fun, will definitely check it out!

Only 9 Days and i'm away!!!!

Regards,

John
Carla C

Post by Carla C »

Hi, John,

When you get back home, would you be so kind as to post a report on where you went and how each liming spot was? I'm 21 and on my first vacation "on my own" to Tobago in Dec. Naturally, I'd like to be doing quite a bit of liming :) , so i'd like to know how you enjoyed each place and which one(s) was/were your favourite(s)

thanks alot! :D
Last edited by Carla C on Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Currie

Post by John Currie »

Hi, Carla.

Yeah no worries I will do!
Carla C

Post by Carla C »

john,

Thanks alot! :) I'm anxiously awaitng your report (and counting down the days......)

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”