Are Vegetarians Well Catered For?

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Clive Williams

Are Vegetarians Well Catered For?

Post by Clive Williams »

Hi folks, I've come across your site and I've got to say how great it is to have a resource like this. I've travelled extensively but never to this part of the world....until now. My wife and I are due in Tobago in two weeks time, staying in a villa at The Inn on The Bay courtesy of a friend of mine.
My question is in the subject. Wendy is a vegetarian. Is the concept widely appreciated amongst the eateries or is it something that has to be explained every time you order. (A problem we've had in Spain and France)
BTW I've now included a link to MyTobago on the webpage for the villas. I hope you dont mind.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Clive

Welcome aboard!

Yes, you will find vegetarians well catered for - particularly if they eat fish, which is the best/freshest food on the island. Use the Search facility at the top of the page and search for "vegetarian" and you'll find lots of comments and recommendations.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Julia C.
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Julia C. »

I'm not a vegetarian, but I did notice that where ever we ate there was a vegetarian option. There is so much good non-meat food there. Chick peas, plantain (sp?), a spinach dish, salads, squash and vegetables I've never heard of before to name a few. The breadfruit pie we had at Jemma's was delicious!
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

My partner, son and I are all veggie.

We did OK.

Tip - get to the Kariwak, it is superb and caters more than well enough for us :-)

Eggplant was offered a lot, we went to many places and only struggled at a couple (Indigo - don't bother, Panache, same avoid IME).

Bonkers, Crown Point OK, Store Bay beach facilty great (Roti's etc), Pelican Reef ok, Shore Things was great (lovely people, great food).

I've suffered FAR worse in other countries (Greece and the US even!) you'll do ok.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”