Tobago beer

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Gill M

Post by Gill M »

Yes, I will certainly enjoy my rum punches!!!

Gill M
Gill M

Post by Gill M »

Hi David

Thank you - at least there is hope!!

Gill M
Gill M

Post by Gill M »

Hello Patrick

Thank you - wow that is an impressive list - now that's what I call true dedication for the beer enthusiasts. Hope you got some free samples for all your efforts and that my husband can find his Banks when we arrive in five months and five days (who's counting!!) :D

Gill M
Lauri Hytti

Post by Lauri Hytti »

Is there actually a beer that has been made in Tobago itself? If not what are the Caribbean choices, would like to stay away from anything that is sold in Europe.

Lauri
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

Hi Lauri

No beer are made in Tobago, they are made in Trinidad.

Caribbean beers, you mostly have these choices, Caríb, Stag and Samba T&T beer, I prefer Carib some prefer Stag, I found Samba taste like a light-beer. The bottles are smaller compared with ours, 27cl.

Some places also have beers from Barbados (Banks) and Mexico (Corona).
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Lauri,the main drinks that are made locally are stroooong ginger beer and "bush rum" %*} (not that I know much about it :^o )
David :D
Lauri Hytti

Post by Lauri Hytti »

Yay thanks a lot David! This strong ginger beer and "bush rum" is exactly the type of thing I hoping to hear about :D I guess you get it from local restauranties and little stands? or just friendly fisher men 8)
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Lauri,ginger beer is available almost everywhere,however bush rum is illegal so it is usually only available if you know someone whomakes or drinks it.....it is LETHAL!!!!!!!!
David
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

if it is not leathel it definately blinds you! and it does not taste too good either... the normal rum here is very smooth and nice...

steph
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”