Restaurants in Crown Points

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
KarlC

Re: Restaurants in Crown Points

Post by KarlC »

Just returned from our first trip to Tobago and I thought I’d add a few comments re restaurants we tried while there….

Kariwak Hotel restaurant - We stayed at the Kariwak and ate there quite a few times. Staff were friendly and food was of good quality, however dinner was ALWAYS one fish dish or one chicken dish and that was the end of the choice. The menu was available at the bar but if you just came in and sat at a table, the waitress told you what was on the menu, and you had to make your choice there and then. It wouldn’t take too much to print up a single page with the day’s menu on it in order to give diners at least a few minutes to read it and decide.

Café Iguana – We ate here several times and it was excellent. The menu is limited enough, so after a few visits you would have pretty much exhausted it, but the atmosphere, service and quality of food was excellent. Waitresses were very friendly and the Jerk Pork starter was amazing. Cocktails at this restaurant were the best we had in Tobago. Dinner for 2, with Cocktails was usually around 550 TT.

Bonkers @ Toucan Inn. We ate here once, I had Rum Roast Pork, and then missed 2 days of my holiday due to severe food-poisoning which started about 5 hours after we had eaten. The restaurant seemed nice enough but after this experience, we didn’t return. The meat seemed to be cooked thoroughly, so I can only assume it was contaminated after cooking in the kitchen. My partner had chicken and was fine.

House of Pancakes – excellent breakfast menu and a lot more than just pancakes. We had plenty to eat for 2 of us for less than 100 TT.

Vie de France – this was our favourite place to have breakfast. Extensive menu, nice surroundings, but pretty lousy service from unfriendly staff. Full breakfast for 2 for less than 100 TT.

Karl
Dublin, Ireland

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”