Quick summary of restaurants we visited

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Geoff Seabrook
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Quick summary of restaurants we visited

Post by Geoff Seabrook »

Just getting ready to return home so thought I'd write a quick overview of the restaurants we visited. I'm doing this as comments from other were very useful to us, so I hope this is helpful as well. Here's our top 9 (we didn't find a 10th to recommend).

Seahorse Inn - Great food, nice ambiance and good service. Expensive but worth it. ***

La Tarturuga - Menu is more pasta orientated than in the past. Still excellent food and service. No longer seems that expensive. ***

Rou-B-Lou - I think Steve says this is is favorite restaurant on the island, and I find it hard to disagree. The food is good and the service excellent. ***

Cafe Coco - A great place for a family dinner. Food is not world class but pretty good, and the service and ambiance is great. **

Shirvan Watermill - Our first time to this institution. Wonderful setting and good service, but the food is not up to the standards of the Seahorse Inn or La Tartaruga. **

Me Shells - Perfectly nice meal with decent service. Not as good as the others around it, but the same sort of price. **

Dillons Seafood - We went back here after a long time. The food was as good as ever. However the ambiance was disappointing. Still worth an honorable mention as the food is good. *

Pelican Reef - Really enjoyed this restaurant. Nice food and setting. *

One other comment. The lowlands Mall now has a food court for fast (well sort off) food. KFC was clean :D and Subway very busy. OK for the kids on a rainy lunch time perhaps.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Geoff

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to post all those great reports - but with only a few hours left GET OUT THERE AND MAKE THE MOST OF TOBAGO!!!!!! :wink:

Thanks for the updates. Just one point - I have said that Ruby-B-Lou's is ONE of our favourites (despite the frozen veg) on the island - not THE favourite.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Cathy Preece

Post by Cathy Preece »

This is really great. I wonder if the 10th might be the Salsa Kitchen. We went a couple of times last February and were impressed.

I like that Dillons' decor is plain and simple. I'm there for the lobster!!
John E

Post by John E »

Have been back from Tobago for a couple of weeks, & these are our (subjective) Restaurant reviews,

Bonkers/Toucan Inn, Cafe Coco, Cafe Iguana - all perfectly acceptable.

The House of Pancakes - excellent value for breakfast/brunch.

Mot Mot - got a mixed response, the fish & chicken were fine, but the steak was disappointing.

Latitude II (ex Panache Creole) - this will be better when they get all the equipment they want. It was busy & they only had a small cooker, so we all waited over 1 hour to eat. They were lovely & apologetic. The food is good, possibly over-elaborate given their current facilities. No credit cards accepted at the moment, but the ATM is a short after-dinner stroll away.
Rowena Lipfriend

Post by Rowena Lipfriend »

We visited House of Pancakes on our last morning. We arrived at 10:30 but didn't get any food till after 12.00 and then they had run out of any fruit/fruit juice on the combos but still charged us the full price. We were worried we'd make our flight at 4:15. Very slow and lots of mozzies even at breakfast time!!!

Rowena
Rowena Lipfriend

Post by Rowena Lipfriend »

We visited House of Pancakes on our last morning. We arrived at 10:30 but didn't get any food till after 12.00 and then they had run out of any fruit/fruit juice on the combos but still charged us the full price. We were worried we'd make our flight at 4:15. Very slow and lots of mozzies even at breakfast time!!!

Rowena

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”