Restaurants In Black Rock Area

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Nicky Durrant

Restaurants In Black Rock Area

Post by Nicky Durrant »

Hi

My first time visit to the forum!
My family are planning to visit Tobago in September (first time) and are looking to stay in Villa Calyandra (Which looks lovely) But we are taking my younger brother and his girlfriend and want to ensure that there is either a bar or restaurant that they can walk to if they wish to go off on there own. Does anyone have any comments re the black rock area?

Many Thanks

Nicky :D
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Nicky

Welcome aboard! :wink:

Villa Calyandra is at the northern end of Black Rock village. The only restaurant in Black Rock is/was the Black Rock Cafe, which I believe has closed (it never had the best of reputations). There is a small local bar - Michael's Bar, at the southern end of the village, but that's almost literally a "stand in the road" bar as far as I know. I'm afraid there is nothing else before Pleasant Propect - but this is about a mile from the villa and not a walk that should ideally be considered in the dark (no street lighting - crazy drivers).
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Nicky Durrant

Post by Nicky Durrant »

Thanks for the quick reply, we are literally booking our hols this week and were interested in a villa within walking distance to the sea, 3 beds & 3 bathrooms with pool, air con but within walking distance of some restaurants etc. Having never been to Tobago we have narrowed down some villas and now realise that we may have trouble meeting our criteria. The villas that we like (and are available!) are Mango Tango, Villa Calyandra, Villa Molyneux, and Rumagin Villa. These are the only ones to get back to us so far. There are some really lovely villas around but being that we have left it so late and and want to arrive 13 September, we are some what stuck. Any suggestions regarding Villas with all of the above!

:oops:
Thanks

Nicky
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Nicky

The Courland Bay Development is not within walking distance of anything (except Turtle beach), so Mango Tango is not an option for you.

Rumagin Villa is at Pleasant Prospect, so ideally placed for the small cluster of small bars and local restaurants in that hamlet. This applies to any of the villas on the Sanctuary Villa Resort development.

Villa Molyneux is in Bon Accord and will be within walking distance of a variety of restaurants and bars (but relatively long walk to the beach). The same applies for all other villas in Bon Accord.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

Nicky, the good news is that the September 13 time period will be a slow period for Tobago, since the school holiday season will be over and it's too early for the winter season . This means that you don't need to panic about locking down a villa booking immediately.

You mentioned 4 villas as the only ones to get back to you so far. Another option is to contact one of the real estate agents in Tobago. They all manage rental villas and could advise you about suitable villas that would meet your needs. I personally lean towards the Bon Accord area as both Store Bay and Pigeon Point (two of the island's most popular beaches) are 15-25 minutes away on foot (3-6 minutes by car). Plus the Bon Accord/Crown Point area has lots of food places and bars.

Here's a list of the main real estate villa agents who have web sites:

Brian Abraham at Abraham Realty
http://www.abrahamrealty.com/

Almandoz Real Estate
http://almandoz-tobago.com/im.htm

Natalie Mahabir at Caribbean Estates
http://islreal.com/

Pat Phillips at Island Investments
http://www.realestatetobago.com/

Dawn Glaisher at Sea Jade Investments http://www.seajadeinvestments.com/

Christine Charbonne at Villas of Tobago
http://www.villasoftobago.com/

Hope this helps.
Clyde
Nicky Durrant

Post by Nicky Durrant »

Thanks Clyde for your response. We are now looking at the Bon Accord area as we really do want to be close to local amenities. We quite like the Coral sea villas and are actually looking at Villa Molyneux. Not many photos of this but has good reviews. We really liked the look of Bona villa but this is already booked. Other than the Coral Sea & Seashell Villas are there any others that you would recommend in the Bon Accord area? As previously stated we are looking for a minimum of 3 beds and 3 bathrooms with pool and air conditioning.

Many Thanks

Nicky
Rowena Lipfriend

Post by Rowena Lipfriend »

We've just got back from Black Rock and the Black Rock cafe has definately closed but we ate at the Sea Horse quite posh but very nice atmosphere and food and there is also a Pizza Boys on the main road (Excellent pizzas, fried chicken etc) very cheap can eat in front or takeaway. There is also another restaurant within walking distance on the main road towards Turtle Beach which we didn't try but was quite busy so is probably OK. We had a car so were able to go further afield. The Grafton Beach Hotel also has a beach bar which is open for lunch but closed in the evenings. Hope this helps.

Rowena
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

Nicky, all of the agents I mentioned have rental villas in Bon Accord. If you send them an email to any of them, they will be able to offer you a range of villas in the Bon Accord area.
Clyde

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”