The best food in Tobago!

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
G Cheesman

The best food in Tobago!

Post by G Cheesman »

My wife and i have resently returned from a 7 day trip to the island, we were guest's at our friends villa in black rock. Whilst on the Island we had the oppertunity to eat at some very nice places around the crown piont area; Coco Reef, the Hilton, Sea Horse Inn, to name a few. For the most part I thought the standard of food was good, the service average, and the cost of the meal perhap's a little high. This was until we tryed
Lattitude 11

The meal was fantastic! Far better than anything we had be presented with before that evening.The wine list complimented the short but well balanced menu and nothing was too much trouble for our host that memorable evening.

We have been privalaged enough to eat in some top resturant's in london (Maze, most resently) and in our opinion the food at Lattitude 11would stand shoulder to shoulder with the best of them!

We will return next year to tobago and expect to see this cracking little restuarant well and truley on food the map!!

(apparintly used to be co-owend up until mid 2007, so don't be put off by earlier reports. This restuarant is a must!!)

Best to all

Giles and Carina
Judit K

Re: The best food in Tobago!

Post by Judit K »

Hi,

Where is the Lattitude 11 restaurant? I would like to have a great dinner there :)
G Cheesman wrote:My wife and i have resently returned from a 7 day trip to the island, we were guest's at our friends villa in black rock. Whilst on the Island we had the oppertunity to eat at some very nice places around the crown piont area; Coco Reef, the Hilton, Sea Horse Inn, to name a few. For the most part I thought the standard of food was good, the service average, and the cost of the meal perhap's a little high. This was until we tryed
Lattitude 11

The meal was fantastic! Far better than anything we had be presented with before that evening.The wine list complimented the short but well balanced menu and nothing was too much trouble for our host that memorable evening.

We have been privalaged enough to eat in some top resturant's in london (Maze, most resently) and in our opinion the food at Lattitude 11would stand shoulder to shoulder with the best of them!

We will return next year to tobago and expect to see this cracking little restuarant well and truley on food the map!!

(apparintly used to be co-owend up until mid 2007, so don't be put off by earlier reports. This restuarant is a must!!)

Best to all

Giles and Carina
Bill B
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Bill B »

Judit,

Read this thread and you'll have all the info you need. http://www.mytobago.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4314

Have fun on your trip.

Bill
Can't wait to be "limin"

Tobago 2007 Pictures at
http://billbrunner.myphotoalbum.com/
Gerald Mason
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Latitidue 11

Post by Gerald Mason »

We have recently returned from Tobago and feel I must sing the praises of one of its newest restaurants Latitude 11, formally Panache.
This restaurant opened during our stay ( mid July) which limited our visits to three. Had it been open on arrival the count would have been significantly higher which I feel is the highest praise I can give.
The food was of the highest quality all freshly prepared by the German chef. My first meal was a lobster tail sat on a tuna streak and surrounded by large prawns. The second visit a succulent steak and the third fresh fish. Each meal came with a selection of vegetables. The portions were huge and none of us could ever manage more than a starter and a main course. On each occasion I could not leave without passing on my praise and thanks to the chef.
We are a family of five and very difficult to feed as we include 2 vegetarian and three carnivores. One of the latter has severe food allergies and is usually impossible to feed in most restaurants. His allergy list is impressive and includes eggs and peanuts which potentially would be life threatening, then all dairy products, Soya, sesame seeds etc. The waitress, the partner of the chef, could not have been more helpful in ensuring that my son was catered for.
This restaurant definitely gets our vote as the best we visited on the island.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”