flip flops and other things

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Gemma

flip flops and other things

Post by Gemma »

Hello all

We are off to Tobago in three days - getting very excited now! I was just a bit concerned to see some of the posts about dress codes for the restaurants. Is it really that strict - about men having to wear trousers and shoes??

We are from more of a backpacking background and pretty much live in flip flops and shorts on holiday!!

We don't mind dressing up a couple of nights but is there anywhere people can recommend that is a bit more laidback??

thanks! g

p.s - great website! I have been reading up quite a lot recently (on lunch breaks of course :wink: )
Tony G
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Tony G »

It really depends on where you are planning to eat.

Staying in Castara I wore shorts, t-shirt and sandals all the time - no problem.

Let the forum members know where you will be staying and I'm sure that you will get plenty of advice about restaurants in that area.

Tony

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonyandjanette
Gemma

Post by Gemma »

sorry yes - that might have been helpful!

We are staying at The Nest at Mot Mot Ridge. Near Bucco Junction??

I guess we will mainly be out and about in Crown Point? Is that right - I think there may be a few restaurants near the apartment too.

thanks! g
Lisa Keith
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Lisa Keith »

Hi Gemma,

I virtually LIVE in flip-flops and I've never been turned away from any of the restaurants on the island. I've not eaten in Coco Reef or The Hilton's posh(er!) restaurants however! I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine!

Have fun!
Lisa.
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

I´ve been to the restaurant at CocoReef, also Coco Café, and I haven´t seen anyone there during evening time using flip-flops and dressed more like for the beach.
As far I seen and reading from others at myTobago.info, they have a kind of dress code.

Other restaurants as the Bamboo Mile, Pelican Inn, La Iguana are different, more relaxed. But still, I haven´t seen flip-flops at the Pelican Inn or La Iguana during evening time eighter. Mostly english visitors I´ve seen there use to leave the beach clothing at home when going to the restaurant.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Hi, I only ever wear flip-flops on Tobago and have never had a problem, we have eaten in restaurants around Crown point and never been stopped, my husband usually wears sandals, again with no problems. He has also worn shorts and t-shirts to eat out in evenings.

Linda

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”