Latitude 11

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Jackie Hyden

Latitude 11

Post by Jackie Hyden »

We have just returned from our first (but not last) visit to Tobago and feel that we really must tell everyone about this fabulous little restauant. Christian the owner and chef is assisted by his beautiful and extremely friendly wife Utisha. At first you might think about walking past this place as there ar just 5 or 6 tables on a little terrace facing the road but don't be fooled by appearances!! The menu is written on a white board outside the restaurant and once you are seated Utisha brings it across and describes each dish and it's ingredients. Once you have ordered you are brought a delicious little appetiser and that gives you a taste of what's to come. Each meal we had was beautifully presented and the mix of flavous textures was superb. This is the sort of food you would get in any top restaurant in the UK but at a far more affordable price. There are 3 fixed price menus (although you can mix and match anything you fancy) as well as a selection of starters and main courses. Last Friday was our last evening and rather than choose off the menu Christian insisted he cooked something individual for us and it was a meal we will never forget and once the restaurant had cleared Christian & Utisha took the time to sit & have a chat with us. Unfortunately for us we didn't have room to eat a whole portion of the delicious home made ice cream (which on that particular evening was pineapple and coconut/pumpkin flavour) but we did have a little taste and like everything else it was superb. So if you want a real treat at very good prices give Latitude 11 a try. During our stay in Tobago a group of us got friendly in the hotel and used to compare restaurants each night. We recommended Latitude 11 to the rest and it came top with everyone.
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Sounds very nice,where is it?
Jackie Hyden

Post by Jackie Hyden »

It is on the Pigeon Point Road, a few doors down (and on the same side) as The Golden Star and next to the diving place (possibly Extra Divers).
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Oh i know,thanks. :D
RosieK
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Re: Latitude 11 - no credit cards

Post by RosieK »

Pre-Christmas, my wife & I had a very good, tasty and pleasant meal at Latitude 11. The food would certainly suit those with a sweet tooth; Honey is used in a lot of dishes giving them the advertised 'Polynesian' aspect.

One thing to beware and avoid mutual embarassment: They don't take any credit cards - it's cash only, and they have no plans to accept cards. With a meal for two, without alcohol, costing USD100+ you'll need a wallet full of TT notes. There is a cash machine close by. (It would only disburse max. T800 when I used it).
Luke Bird

Re: Latitude 11

Post by Luke Bird »

Has Panache Creole changed its name then? Latitude 11 sounds just like Panache Creole with the chef and his wife doing a fantastic job. The best meal we had on our whole holiday when we came in June.
Jackie Hyden

Post by Jackie Hyden »

I think that prevously it was a 'shared' restaurant with Christian & Utisha (Latitude 11) having it a few nights a week. From what I understand they took over the whole thing early last year so they are now trading as Latitude 11. Very nice too - can't wait to go back on 28 February!!
Sue Wright

Post by Sue Wright »

We ate at Latitude twice during our stay last week and would totally agree that it was the best place we used (which is why we went back a second time!). The food was excellent, the service from Utisha and her colleague was friendly and personal and they all worked their socks off both evenings to make the whole experience so good. On both evenings they were fully booked, and on our second evening they turned several people away, so if you really want to eat there booking is definitely necessary as they are so small.
Anthony Townsend

Post by Anthony Townsend »

Hi,

Does anyone have an e-mail address or tel no. for Latitude 11?

Thanks,

Anthony.
Barbel

Post by Barbel »

The phone number for Latitude 11 is 1-868-399-9093.
They usually are open for dinner from 18:30 hrs.
Enjoy your dinner!

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”