phoenix dinner theater???

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

phoenix dinner theater???

Post by Brian Taylor »

hello folks, sounds funny since I am sitting here on the island, but did anyone hear of a place called "phoenix dinner theater" (U11)?
met a girl in the net who thinks about working there for a few month and she asked me, but I never heard of the place. maybe the "crown pointers" can help me out....

sunny ones
steph
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: phoenix dinner theater???

Post by Ronald »

It sounds as a place in Bon Accord, on the right hand side when driving to the airport. I´ve seen add´s nearby the road.

It´s situated somewhere behind the chineese restaurant, usning same road as to the "famous" Shade. But I havn´t been tho the Dinner Theatre so I can´t tell you about the place itself.
Ronald
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Steph,have look at http://www.gratis-webserver.de/Tobago/18.html.
David,seeyou soon
Roland Siebenhorn
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Roland Siebenhorn »

Hi Steph, the Phoenix Dinner Theater is the old Divers Den Bar near the burnt down Shade Disco.
I'm pretty well informed for not being on the island since two years, eh? :D
Tatitata, Locki
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

thanks guys... now I got an idea. what exactly is it? it is not mentioned here in the nightlife and not in the restaurant list. I am sure the big poobah would be interested on updates to put it in... :wink:

steph
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Steph

I must admit that as soon as Ronald gave the directions, I immediately thought of the old Diver's Den building. Not exactly science - its pretty much the only building behind the Chinese Restaurant. Trouble is I haven't heard anything else about this place - so, YES, if anybody knows anything, please let me know.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Caroline Brookes
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Caroline Brookes »

Hi Brian
Just to confuse matters, try http://www.phoenixdinnertheatre.com/home.asp!!!!! Are you certain it is in Tobago. This website is for a place in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.

As I have never been to Tobago yet, I stand to be corrected.

Caroline
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

There's definitely a sign where the old Diver's Den building (in Bon Accord) used to be, that reads "Phoenix Dinner Theatre". As I've never actually been inside I couldn't say what is on offer there. Nor have I ever seen any adverts in the Tobago News or any promotional posters, flyers etc anywhere. Sounds like just a "word of mouth" type of operation.
Clyde
Marci BraithWaite

Post by Marci BraithWaite »

hi
Hi I have been there, Phoenix dinner theater it is the old divers den it has been renovated its quite amazing now caters for a more mature crowd had dinner there, food was great entertainment was the best. The while we waited for the entertainment to happen and the chef walks out and starts singing then from behind the bar chef and owners wife bit of a shock the owners wife did some jazz and R&B. also spent new years night their and wow what a treat we had. they are working on getting some plays done their and bringing in some artists. its safe it secure and quite honestly the one thing we remember about Tobago was the fun we had in The Phoenix, We are going back for carnival with a group of friends and intend to go back. Value for money a 10 dress code was strict though the owner gave my husband a shirt to wear before he would allow him in.
Gisela Grell
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Gisela Grell »

Hi Marci,

this sounds great. I surely will give them a try, when I go back (hopefully this year).

Hope to hear some more experiences.

Cheers
Gisela
Cheers
Gisela
a.k.a. Shorty
see some pics on http://www.gisela-grell.de

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”