Eating out in Castara

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Re: Eating out in Castara

Post by David Watkins »

Caragh,a ten minute walk and you will find all,promise.
David :D :D
Enjoy
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

I think the sign out in front of Vera's says "Almond Tree".
Donna Baylis
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Donna Baylis »

We visited Castara during our stay recently and had a lovely relaxed and very tasty lunch at Cascreole. The two ladies there could not have been more friendly or welcoming and the food was delicious all washed down with a few caribs! We were certainly not in need of more food but could not resist a visit to the ladies baking in the clay oven. We were lucky enough to arrive as they had just started selling and sampled the bread, pone and coconut tarts - the tart and pone ,especially, were scrummy and the children certainly enjoyed the bread and said it was the best they had tasted. Our poor taxi driver arrived early to pick us up in the hope of being able to buy some baked goods only to find them all gone;we did of course share what was left with him!
Thanks everybody for the recommendations on this site, they've helped increase my waistline.
Gisela Grell
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Gisela Grell »

Hi Donna,

you were lucky with the bread because sometimes it is all orderd in advance und you have no chance to get just one. Its adorable and I can't wait to go back.

By the way, with every visite on Tobago I loose one or two punds weight. Don't know why because I can't stay away from Carib and eat as much fish as I can. Maybe it is because of the long way walking up to the guesthouse in Castara or the swimming/snorkeling. But even if I would gain weight I would not stop going back :D

Cheers
Gisela
Cheers
Gisela
a.k.a. Shorty
see some pics on http://www.gisela-grell.de

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”