The Fish Pot

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
SandraK
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

The Fish Pot

Post by SandraK »

Have not seen this place mentioned but has to be recommended.OK it's not glitzy but the food is really good. We tried all the so called good restaurants and were not that impressed but this little gem hit the spot. A warm welcome, a mix of locals and tourists and a complimentary dog, plus the fact it is a good deal cheaper than many. Try the steak sandwich for lunch and any fish anytime.Must just say they have recently moved premises so ,as we found suddenly it is closed - last time for new flooring. Hey that's Tobago. In case anyone is put off by the dog she is not the owners she just wanders in when she notes a soft touch and she is a real lady.
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Re: The Fish Pot

Post by David Watkins »

The owners of the Fish Pot used to own the Indigo on the other side of Pleasant Prospect.I agree with Sandra that the food is good and not exorbitantly priced.Another good thing,for me anyway,was the fact that you could get a good light lunch there.
David
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Sounds good, where is it?
Linda
SandraK
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by SandraK »

Linda P wrote:Sounds good, where is it?
Linda
Sorry Linda, what an idiot ! Call it dementia. Anyway the cafe(can't really call it a restaurant) is just past Stonehaven if you are a foodie as opposed to a restaurant person I am sure you will enjoy.
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Pleasant Prospect!
SandraK
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by SandraK »

David Watkins wrote:Pleasant Prospect!
Thanks for that David. Was just trying to be informative.
Manfred

Post by Manfred »

We can only echo the previous positive comments.

We have just got back from Tobago and ate at Fish Pot four times. The fish is perfectly cooked - there's nothing worse than overcooking fish - and bought freshly from Mt. Irvine fishermen round the corner. Crab cakes for starter are also delicious and there's a reasonably priced wine list with some excellent options.

We should finally add that Erica and Fiacra are great hosts - thanks.
Gary

Post by Gary »

The Fish Pot is sounding very good :D we will be keeping an eye on this one for our next visit for sure :wink:
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Ate at the Fishpot last week,it was my second visit.The food there is excellent,they do a lunch menu and a dinner menu Thurs,Fri and Sat nights i think.I had Tomato and goats cheese (local) salad to start followed by Barracuda which was very nice indeed.They also have a good selection of desserts and a wide variety of locally made icecream.Their fish and vegetables are locally supplied and the quality of the food is outstanding! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”