Melange

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Fraser Nichol

Melange

Post by Fraser Nichol »

My wife and I are not long back from a wonderful holiday in Tobago, we ended up eating most nights at Melange which is on Sirvan Road.

The chef and owner is Ashton Lutchman who was trained in the UK at some top restuarants here. He then moved back to Tobago and opened a restaurant at Pigeon Point and then moved to Shirvan Road.

The food is excellent, and very reasonable a 3 course meal for 2 including drinks was approx 400 TT$

Has anyone else tried it yet, if not then do !!
Deborah Marzohl

Post by Deborah Marzohl »

My husband and I visit Tobago regularly and have done so for the past 5 years. We first met Ashton when he was jointly running a restaurant near the Golden Star - the name of which escapes me at the moment. We have since eaten at Melange many times and really enjoy his food, the surroundings, and the company of Ashton and his staff. The Calaloo soup is the best on the island and his fish medly is outstanding. We're going back in Febraury and we'll be sure to eat at the Melange as often as possible. We love it!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Deborah

By strange coincidence, I was talking to a Tobago contact about Melange, down at the World Travel Market (WTM) exhibition at Excel in London last Thursday. He felt that Melange represented Ashton's "coming of age". I agreed with him that we are receiving an increasing number of comments praising the restaurant. It is now on the "Definite" list for a visit during my coming trip.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Hi all

Melange was (and probably still is) offering a three course meal for 141 tt (about £14) - a group of 10 of us had a great meal there last year, but insect repellent is recommended as the gardens/environs are very lush with no sea breeze.

Worth a visit.
Glyn Kirpalani
Katie

Post by Katie »

melange serves nice food but the prices are ridiculous compared to most places and it is definetly not for families :(
James Blackshaw
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Melange

Post by James Blackshaw »

Had an extremely pleasant and professionally prepared dinner at Melange.

Young and efficient service with a smile.

Atmosphere was great, but missed the advertised live music, who obviously had the flu that night.

Thoroughly recommend for adults

James
Steve Roughley

Melange

Post by Steve Roughley »

We visited Melange whilst we were over in Tobago last week, the meal was very good, but we thought a little pricey compared to other establishments, 600+ TT$ for 3 courses for 2 plus drinks, service was ok, and the same went for us as we also missed the ' live ' entertainment, instead we were subjected to a jumpy c.d. player which they insisted on re-starting every time it jumped !

Steve & Hilary

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”