Best Of Thymes Restaurant

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Kevin Ancell

Post by Kevin Ancell »

Hi everybody, I was wondering if anybody knows if the Best Of Thymes restaurant is really closed like it says on your web site. I really hope not as i have booked into Crown Point Beach Hotel for 2 weeks from 29th Novemeber and the main reason i booked this particular place is because of it's lovely views over Store Bay and the restaraunt 8) .

My wife is disabled so obviously we can't travel far hence another reason for picking this establishment. Can anybody hlep..?

Also I have read rave reviews about a place called Panache (next to Surfside). Can anyone tell me how long this has been here and is it in place of Cafe Callaloo as that is the only restaranut i remeber ever being next to Surfside.

One last thing, has anybody got any up to date infor on the state of play for Pigeon pint beach. I would love to show this amazing place to my wife but don't really want to contribute to a nasty regime! Do you think the dispute will be settled by Novemebr..?
Many many thanks for any replies.
Steve your websitte ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Cool runnings..Kevin ANcell :)
Patrick Dankou
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Patrick Dankou »

Hi Kevin,
The Best of Thymes is alive and kicking, I just spoke to the owner yesterday.
They operate out of the Crown Point Hotel and also do catering for private villas.
The Panache Creole is indeed at the same location as the former Callaloo and a constant temptation because its also located next to my office :)
The owners of House of Pancakes opened it some 6 month ago.
Pigeon Point is still a big issue. The owners started to fence the place now and cut down some of the important sea grape and palm trees and dropped big stones on the shore line. Unfortunately there is no way to know how and when this dispute will be settled.
Patrick Dankou
Yes Tourism - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com
Kevin Ancell

Post by Kevin Ancell »

Thanks for that Patrick. I was also wondering if there were any cheap but nice eating establishments in the crown point area that could be recommended as i am on a bit of a tight budget this time around..

Kevin.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Sorry for giving you concern Kevin - thanks for the update, Patrick - slapped wrist, Sxxxxxx, for telling me it was closed (maybe it was just closed on the day you visited for some reason).

Panache offers very good Creole food at reasonable prices, Kevin, so you could well become a regular there. Also try Ru-B-Lous up near the Tropikist, at the back of Store Bay.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
EmilyK

Best of Thymes

Post by EmilyK »

We had a very good meal- and some great cocktails here at BOT in June. We also enjoyed our meal next door at the Sandy Point Village's buffet- good value and EXCELLENT entertainment on Tuesday nights!
Around the corner towards the airport is a little cafe called "Vie de France" and they had pretty good breakfast and espresso drinks. Hope that helps!
Emily

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”