Reservations

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Scott

Reservations

Post by Scott »

Thanks for all the useful information in this forum and throughout the site.

I'm leaving for Tobago in a couple of weeks, and I wondered if reservations are recommended for most of the restaurants on the island.

It will be the slower season when we are there so can we just pop in to most places or call ahead?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Scott

:?:
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Hi Scott

You need not call ahead to restaurants (unless you are taking a taxi some distance and do not want to be disappointed). Restaurants are very rarely full, but on some nights in low season a far bigger risk is that your choice will not open at all, due to lack of custom, so it is wise to check. I have only ever encountered one full restaurant but even that squeezed us in (they are not stuffy, very laid back). One tip though - as well as insuring the restaurant is open, I do find that calling ahead gets you more of a welcome and better service, and is a must with a big group so that tables may be arranged. Pre-booking a 4/5* hotel table always goes down well too and will avoid any delay to being seated, although you will find it rare to be in any hurry here. Relax - there is also a wide choice of eateries around the island as this site will no doubt have revealed to you. Enjoy your holiday, Glyn
Glyn Kirpalani

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”