Colours Restaurant & Bar - stop by for a bite !

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Belinda

Colours Restaurant & Bar - stop by for a bite !

Post by Belinda »

Hello,
My family and friends just returned from a fab vacation in Tobago and I would love to share our dining experiences.
Colours Restaurant and Bar is just across the street from where we stayed at the Rainbow Resort. We had heard that it was the local watering hole but not alot of feedback on the food.
11 of us had dinner there the first night and impressively - EVERYONE was served together and the food was tasty and piping hot.
We went to Bonkers the second night - impressive decor but the food - not so much...Sorry Bonkers - it wasnt horrible but myself and friend had the Mojo Chicken - it was very dry even wrapped in bacon and the rest of our party had similar sentiments - Beautiful decor but the prices were up there and didnt match up to what we ate. My husband had the gumbo that he said was watery and tasteless. My son did enjoy the pork with rum sauce though. I and my friend Simon had the crab cake which was good but very little.
The next night we again went to Colours - everyone again had a wonderful meal - some had lamb, some had lobster (a huge tail beautifully prepared and reasonablly priced in comparison with Bonkers whose price was double), some had flying fish, some had chicken, some had burgers - all was FANTASTIC and the rum punch was also rated # 1 by our own Cindy who was our official rum punch tester.
We tried Cafe Coco our last night - food was OK - but not what we thought it would be - the fish chowder was returned as it was strong tasting, my steak was ok but over cooked - the fried chicken was very good and I am told that the lamb was good as well - but hands down, Colours won our vote for best food and best rum punch.
The decor is simple and quaint and the staff are warm and attentive - give them a chance - I am really glad we did.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”