Review: Fads Homestyle Restaurant in Plymouth

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Bryan Guignard

Review: Fads Homestyle Restaurant in Plymouth

Post by Bryan Guignard »

Hi all,

Just got back from a hectic 7 weeks in Tobago. It was anything but a vacation, but I did manage to get a building constructed and acquired an old but very rugged Land Rover. 7 weeks offers one plenty of time to try out an assortement of restaurants, and Fads Homestyle is right up there on my list of favorites, and has become one of my regular lunch spots.

Fads is located at 88 Shelbourne St. in Plymouth. (directly across from the Seventh Day Adventist church)
Ph: 868-639-3991

The food is traditional homestyle Tobago cooking. While the selection is a bit short, everything they offer is always very good, and their sauces are simply delicious. You can expect a good assortment of local ground provisions, at least one fish dish, one or more meat dishes, green salad, rice and pasta, and some kind of bean or lentil.

The clientelle is mostly locals, but there are occasional tourists that wander in. The prices are also tailored for the local economy. A very healthy plate (believe me you won't need to eat the rest of the day) is under TT $50. Service is always good and in typical laid back Tobago style. Do expect to be treated like a local rather than a tourist.

The dining room is air conditioned, although I have never seen it on. There are usually some refreshing breezes if you open the windows. The tables are large, and all the furniture is made of solid teak. Everything is always very clean. They are licensed to sell alcohol. There is an outdoor patio, but it offers no shade, so you are likely to get as cooked as your meal should you choose to eat outside. There is parking for 3-4 cars, as well as the traditional parking on the street.

If you're in the Plymouth/Arnos Vale area and looking for some hearty local cuisine at an affordable price then Fads is sure to please.
Attachments
fads_exterior.jpg
fads_interior.jpg
fads_sign.jpg

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”