Review: Hollywood Chinese Restaurant in Plymouth

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Bryan Guignard

Review: Hollywood Chinese Restaurant in Plymouth

Post by Bryan Guignard »

Hi again,

I just have to mention another restaurant on Shelbourne St. in Plymouth. Being quite a fan of chinese food I just had to give Hollywood a try, and it did not disappoint. I'm not sure of the street number, but it's next to the grocery store. One comment I must make is that I simply don't understand why they have put up so much burglar proofing on the doors and windows. I just don't see the need for it in Tobago. Burglar proofing aside, Hollywood is another restauant that caters mainly to local residents, and is reflected in their very affordable prices. The owners appear to be relatively new arrivals as they speak very little English. After eating there numerous times I can say that the food quality is consistent and very good. Portions are plentiful, with the option of large or small meals (large meals less than TT $50). You can dine in or take out. The dining room is rather plain, but it is large, clean and comfortable, although I find the air conditioning to be a bit on the cold side. That could be a positive or a negative depending on how you like it. You can order from the ready made buffet, or from their full menu (which takes a bit longer to get served). I was pleased to find out that their food is a lot less oily/greasy than most chinese restaurants I have tried in Trinidad and Tobago.
Attachments
hollywood_inside.jpg
hollywood_outside.jpg
hollywood_sign.jpg

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”