Hot on ''D'' Spot ! Where has it gone?

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Rick Hernandez
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Hot on ''D'' Spot ! Where has it gone?

Post by Rick Hernandez »

I visited Tobago for the first time in Sept. 08. My favorite place in the mornings was Hot on ""D'' Spot [a mazda pickup with a kitchen in back]for great doulbles and allou pie and my favorite saheena.They were located not far from the ferry dock in a vacant lot.I went back to Tobago in April 09 and couldn't find them anywhere.Does anyone know what happened?I hpe to come back sometime this winter and would love to eat there again.
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Hot on ''D'' Spot ! Where has it gone?

Post by Robert T »

HI Rick,

I guess you can find them by the shopping mall along Claude Noel Hwy. Not too sure if we're talking about the same vendors, but in March we stopped by a few times to get some really good stuff from them.

Robert
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

Rick,

those mobile food outlets appear and disappear sometimes without any apparent reason.
On top of which Tobago is not really the place where you will find a variety of outlets for east indian food.
You may want o try the roti shop in "four roads", Bon Accord. They don't serve doubles but sada roti in a good
quality on a morning. I also remember seeing a doubles vendor by Penny Savers in Bon Accord. Never tasted his
products, though.
I personally stay away from doubles & co when i am in Tobago. The quality isn't just the same as in Trinidad.

Greetings from Trinidad

Andy
Gabriele
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Gabriele »

Ciao. The van "D" selling doubles and other indian specialties, can be regularly spotted on the Milford Rd (Promenade in Scarborough), in the space between Bar Code and the Big Pink Building (visible from distance). Morning Hours.
Enjoy, Ciao Gabriele
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

I saw the van on the Milford Road approach to Scarborough this morning exactly where Gabriele described it - in the empty lot next to the Ansa McAl building (pink building). The owner said that they are there Wednesdays thru Sundays, morning only. Their Alloo Pie was as good as I remembered - one of the best I ever had.
Clyde

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”