Eating out in and around Parlatuvier

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Lesley Finbow
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Eating out in and around Parlatuvier

Post by Lesley Finbow »

Hi, I wonder if any readers have recent information about places to eat out in the Parlatuvier, Bloody Bay, and Englishman's Bay areas. I understand that the Riverside Restaurant in Parlatuvier and the Sunshine Restaurant in Bloody Bay have both been closed for a while. Also the Roti Parlour in front of Riverside Restaurant is no longer operating. Apparently, Andre's bar down by the beach is now serving lunches which vary each day and also the usual Chicken / Fish and Chips throughout the afternoon. And there is a lady called Joanna just around the corner also by the beach who makes roti and lunches to take away if these are ordered the day before. Does anyone have experience of eating in any of the little ""restaurants"" (I use this term loosely!) around the area where the rainforest walks finish on the Bloody Bay Roxborough Road? I would really welcome any feedback and up to date information. Thanks
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Eating out in and around Parlatuvier

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Lesley

May I second that. I hadn't heard that Riverside and Sunshine had been closed. Can anyone local confirm that please, so that I can update our Restaurant listings.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Sunshine was open last January (2009) when I passed by ... the Riverside often looks closed and I understand they open only when they have a nice 'catch'.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Lesley Finbow
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Lesley Finbow »

Thanks for your input. However my housekeeper in Parlatuvier has told me both restaurants are closed, The Riverside for several weeks but I'm not sure about Sunshine. The reason I need to know is so that I can pass on reliable information to the guests renting my house. I have also had feedback from recent guests that The Riverside Restaurant in Parlatuvier is closed. I am aware that this could change at any time though - it's just rather frustrating and seems like such a missed opportunity - surely someone in the area can get something good going and keep it going - if they were more reliable they would generate much more trade. Thanks again and best wishes
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi Lesley

I have probably seen the Rainbow open about 3 times in 8 x 2 week visits to Tobago ... they just seem to open when they want ... don't know how they do it though !

I have eaten there once and the food was very good.

Maybe they have closed for a while due to lack of interest, after all there is not as much tourism in Tobago as there has been in previous years and they are more likely to suffer if they don't keep regular hours.

The Sunshine Resturant always seemed to have local custom ... so I would be surprised if this shut down ... but I know the lady that runs it has family interests in England and maybe she is taking a break in the UK for a while.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”