New Year's Eve 31 December 2009

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
LindaH

New Year's Eve 31 December 2009

Post by LindaH »

I'm visiting Tobago at Xmas time and we will be there over New Year. In our group are 3 teenage girls (late teens) and we are wondering what to do on New Year's Eve and what the island has to offer on that night. Is anything special organised? How is it celebrated?
We probably want to have dinner somewhere, and I imagine we need to book this in advance (we are five people). Does anyone have any recommendations for dinner on New Year's Eve, and should we book in advance?
And what about a fun place to go for the remainder of the evening. We are not expecting all night entertainment or a really wild place to party, but I am wondering what other tourists do on this evening (and locals too?). I'd be grateful for any information about New Year's Eve in Tobago.
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: New Year's Eve 31 December 2009

Post by Andy K »

Linda,

Tobago has been very quiet for old year's for many years. Only in recent times some night clubs, hotels and
other places started to organize old year's parties. I am unable to predict though, which of those places will
have an old year's party this year.
But there is no rush in booking anything at this point in time. Just wait until you arrive in Tobago and inquire
after.
Many local people are not used to celebrate old year's by dancing and drinking. In fact scores of locals normally
go to church late evening time. The service tends to be lengthy, and people usually go home right after.

As for the old year's dinner i can't really give you a recommendation, since i as a "local" usually eat at home or buy
food in small food outlets. The rare occasions i go out for dinner, i normally visit "Bamboo Mile" in Bon Accord.

Greetings,

Andy

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”