Cheno's Coffee Shop, Castara.

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Richard and Elly

Cheno's Coffee Shop, Castara.

Post by Richard and Elly »

On the morning of our first day of our 3 week holiday in Castara we discovered Cheno's Coffee shop, and what a discovery it was! We were so impressed with the service, the freshly prepared fare ( especially his amazing scrambled egg!), the setting and most of all with Cheno himself and the rest of the Williams family who became our good friends. It is situated by the football pitch as you enter Castara on the 'main' road from Crown Point. Each morning we would make our way from Little Bay along Big Bay with a stop at Max's shop and D Lime Bar before having a delicious breakfast, washed down with his excellent coffee and orange juice. At the time, we would ( if inclined ) take our own alcoholic refreshment as he did not possess a Wine and Beer Retailers Licence, but I am very glad to inform you that he now does have a licence. Cheno is an accomplished cook and I would highly recommend his Goat curry and my wife loved his toasted sandwiches! Cheno's is a wonderful place to chill and spend an hour or two watching the day to day life of the people of Castara pass by. Sit there enjoying his wonderful hospitality whilst the many species of birds either fly overhead into the dense canopy of trees nearby or try and sip your orange juice when you are not looking!
Cheno is a real gentleman, his coffee shop is a relatively new venture but has all the qualities you would expect to find in a long and well established business and is very good value.
He can also organise Rainforest Tours, airport runs and boat trips, he also has a lovely family sized cottage behind the coffee shop which is spacious and homely. a must for any newcomer to Castara!

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”