Good Service

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Dr Stefan Rustscheff
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Re: bending backwards

Post by Dr Stefan Rustscheff »

Nevertheless, I, for myself, would rather not feel obliged to " bend forward" when using certain parts of the "service" industry in the Melancholy Isle.
Sadly, I must agree to the choir of less than happy Old Tobago Hands, especially when I compare the service skills and attitudes of the good people of Bequia, St Cristopher and Nevis with Tobago. I myself work in the service industry, being a doctor. Service does start with a smile. From Yourself. Your customer is NOT obliged to smile first, but Your work is to make him happy.
Do tell me, why should I go to a place where I feel unwanted?
Tony G
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Good Service

Post by Tony G »

Just returned from 4th visit to Tobago and have to report that the most unfriendly place we came across was Pizza Boys on Pigeon Point Road. The young woman serving could hardly make the effort to speak and communicated with grunts and nods of the head. We won't be going there again.

Tony
Robert L
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Re: Good Service

Post by Robert L »

DR: I gather that was directed at me? I'm simply saying I'd rather have no smile than an obviously fake smile.

And, I love great service, I've trained people in service and IMHO what is "good service" is a feeling just as biased as what is "fun football".

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”