New Year's Eve

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
LindaH

New Year's Eve

Post by LindaH »

Any recommendations for dinner and entertainment on New Year's Eve, in Tobago? I am arriving tomorrow, Wednesday, for a week's holiday, so don't have much time to scout about and find out where to go. We are 3 teenagers (late teens) and two (mature) mothers, so a bit of a mixed group, but it would be nice to be somewhere festive to see the New Year in. Any ideas?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: New Year's Eve

Post by Steve Wooler »

I believe that most of the hotels and major restaurants will be putting on a special meal, but you'll need to check around once you get there and see where you can get a resevation (it may be tricky, so late). A lot depends upon where you are staying. Never having spent Christmas/New Year on Tobago, I have no personal experience to impart.

I was notified about one event the other day, however, which could well suit the bill. The Bamboo Walk Hotel next to the Tobago Plantations Golf Course are doing a special dinner for TT$199 per head, including fireworks and Karaoke. This relatively new small hotel is rapidly achieving an enviable reputation, as is their restaurant. Have a look at www.bamboo-walk.com and give them a ring on 631-0286 when you get there to make sure that you can get it. Given the mixed nature of your party, I think it could be an ideal choice.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”