Best Romantic Restaurant?

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Erin E.

Best Romantic Restaurant?

Post by Erin E. »

I've enjoyed reading about [all] the restaurants on Tobago via this board.

The majority of the reviews focus on price, quality and service (not necessarily in that order), but not much on atmosphere. Yes there are a few comments about the dining environment, but I am looking for the definitive "most romantic restaurant" on Tobago.

For this question I would forgo the price (though a reference point would be helpful) and emphasize the atmosphere, quality of food and service.

This might be a great subject for a poll, but for now I'd like to hear what you all think.

With luck, I'll be able to report back in a few weeks and let you know what I think.

Sincerely,

EE
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Erin

Good point. I've been promising to re-write and expand the restaurant listings for some time and that is something I will bear very much in mind. Problem is, its so subjective. One person's ideal atmosphere could be the opposite for someone else. It really depends upon what you're looking for. I will certainly be interested to hear your own thoughts though.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Erin E.

Post by Erin E. »

Good point Steve.

I've culled through all the restaurant information here to produce a few top choices. Some places just seem to get very consistent excellent reviews and multiple visits in the same trip (always a good sign).

I'll have to think about the definition for "romantic" - soft lighting & candle light - soft music - minimal background noise - attentive but not obtrusive wait-staff - tidy surroundings - nice decorations - delicious food - too name a few off the top of my head.

I’ll let you (all) know how I (we) make out.

EE
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Erin

I'll be delighted to hear your take on the subject, but personally, I would suggest that the Seahorse Inn seems to fit your spec nicely.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Simon

Post by Simon »

I agree with you Steve

The Seahorse has good food, attentive staff who not not too pushy, a dining area surrounded by palm trees and fairy lights and the sound of breaking waves nearby with a nice seperation between tables for intimacy. All in all a heady atmosphere.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”