Restaurants/Bars SCARBOROUGH

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
jamesandsam
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Restaurants/Bars SCARBOROUGH

Post by jamesandsam »

Dear All

I know I am leaving it to the last minute but we are going to Tobago on Thursday (yup - in three days). We are staying at Bacolet Beach Club for two weeks. We would like to eat and drink in Scarborough and wonder if you can suggest any places.

Is it safe to walk there and back - or maybe there and taxi back?

Are there any restaurants/bars near Bacolet Beach Club within walking distance that anyone can recommend!

Nice site by the way! =D>

Sam
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Restaurants/Bars SCARBOROUGH

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Sam

Welcome aboard! :)

Your best bet is to have a look at our Restaurant listings for Region 6, which covers Scaroborough. Sadly, you will see that there is little choice. Without exception, all the 'restaurants' in Scarborough are low-grade fast-food and/or local restaurants and if staying at the Bacolet Beach Club, I somehow don't think that any of them will be your choice of dining spot. The only possible exception is the Blue Crab Restaurant, but that is a lunchtime dining spot.

To be perfectly honest, your only realistic choice is going to be Cafe Havana (Bacolet Beach Club), Belle Creole (at the assoicated Half Moon Blue Hotel, directly opposite) and Shutters Restaurant at the Blue Haven Hotel, next door. The only other choice within easy reach is Salsa Kitchen on the far side of town.

The Bacolet Beach Club is just over a mile from Upper Scarborough. Please note that 'Upper' is the commercial side of town and Lower Scarborough is half a mile further on (port and main 'shopping' areas). I wouldn't hesitate to walk it during the day, but I would caution walking any such distance after dark.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
jamesandsam
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by jamesandsam »

Good grief - now that is a quick response!

Many thanks to you and your team - good website!

Sam
jamesandsam
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by jamesandsam »

Sorry - meant to say that just because we are staying at the Bacolet Beach Club does not mean that we don't like eating at local restaurants. Just liked the hotel because it looked quiet and not for great tourist masses!

Love eating anywhere, drinking anywhere - so local food is fab - thats why I wanted more traditional local food in local restaurants than being stuck in the hotel restaurant that cater for the masses! So any other local restaurants that you can suggest would be much appreciated!

Sam
jamesandsam
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by jamesandsam »

Steve

Been on Region 6 - excellent!!

Sam #-o

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”