SeaHorse

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Simon Partridge
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

SeaHorse

Post by Simon Partridge »

We ate at the Seahorse last night and although not the cheapest on the island we feel you get what you pay for.
Service was as always superb, good atmosphere as at least another twenty people eating.
Food as always really good, from Scallop risotto and cornmeal blinis with smoked salmon to reef & beef.... the Sea Horse version of surf and turf with an excellent fillet steak and three wonderful rock lobster tails.
Alll this with waves crashing onto the beach not twenty five metres away. A great evening would recommend to anyone.
Gabriele
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: SeaHorse

Post by Gabriele »

Perfectly agree with you! Had dinner taking advantage of an extra holiday day after this long season: the setting is very romantic, and could really hear the waves on the beach. Scallops risotto fantastic (agree in full), salmon bligny as well (do we have the very same taste??), main course option was the tournedos (foie grass on top), melting in the mouth.
Great wine selection, even if started and finished with a series of Margarita on the rocks. Even if restaurant was full, service at the table was impeccable. Dessert of choice, passion fruit cream brulee. Highly recommended. Gabriele
CharlotteT
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by CharlotteT »

I totally agree, this place was amazing and brings back such happy memories. My partner proposed to me last year there and the staff were so lovely, we went back in February this year and tied the knot at pigeon point and went there on our honeymoon and they remembered us from the year before. The food is amazing, margheritas and strawberry daquiris are also very good. It is a definite must for anyone visiting Tobago. :-)
SandraK
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by SandraK »

Totally disagree I'm afraid.
Lives on it's reputation and location.
Location obviously still wonderful. Food not. Rehashed with hot stock in most cases. Staff are lovely but know nothing about the food.
Not on my list of where to go - it needs a real kick up the a** as could be superb.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”