Places tried in our fleeting visit

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
HelenaVM
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Places tried in our fleeting visit

Post by HelenaVM »

Hi all

We've only come over for a week this year, but have tried a few places and thought it might be worth passing on the info.

La Cantina
Good as ever. It has grown a little since our last visit and is doing a roaring trade from what we saw when we called in for a takeaway.

Mr Jerk
Not seen it mentioned and certainly new since our last visit. It's a small takeaway-type place on the corner of Pigeon Point Rd/Milford Rd - right by Things Natural and Chef BBQ etc. There are picnic-type tables outside and we ended up stopping and eating at the tables there, rather than coming back to the villa to eat. Really excellent jerk fish and firecracker chicken skewers. Price for 2 meals about $130, so excellent value for what we had.

Colours
Really quiet - we were the only ones eating, but had a reasonable meal here. Good service, friendly, smiling staff. It was a nice enough meal - we had the catch of the day (snapper) and a shrimp curry and both meals were pretty good.

WYSIWYG
Pretty disappointing. Never eaten here before this visit. Turned up and there was a really raucous gang of local blokes (some of whom we recognised from previous visits - refugees from Bago's!) having drinks. We checked out the blackboard menu and thought the BBQ options looked good - except they had run out (clearly a case of what you see is NOT what you get!)

Decided to stay anyway but the food wasn't great and rally basic stuff like no serviette when part of what we were eating was going to be with our hands! Shame, as we'd heard loads of good reviews.

Shore Things
Still one of my absolute favourites. Brilliant for snacks, afternoon teas and a good lunch. Nice to see the old standards that I dream of when we are not here (Giselle's lime cheesecake!) but new things and daily specials too. It really is a wonderful place - lovely atmosphere, service and really good home cooking. Had a wonderful margarita here too on this visit.

Store Bay
Good stuff as ever. Roti was especially good at Miss Sylvia's (I hope I've got the right stall from memory!)

Skewers
Really good baba ganoush, hoummous, flat breads and kebabs. Middle eastern fare, fast food but good stuff. Nice staff too when we visited.

Doubles - if you want the very best doubles, the airport car park (look for a red sunshade umbrella/stall!) But you need to get there pretty early - they'll be out by 9/9.30am if there is a rush on!!

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”