Have i missed anywhere out?????

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Nora

Have i missed anywhere out?????

Post by Nora »

:? Im off to tobago on monday with my lists (thanks to this forum) of things to do and places to visit. I was due to stay at the rex but because of its closure i am now booked into the tropikist. I know this gets mixed reviews but we only really require a good bed, pool and view. The MOST IMPORTANT thing on our holiday is finding characterful places to eat and drink in the evening. From my extensive research I have made a list of unmissable places as follows;
Dillons
Panache
Ru-b-Lou's
Cafe coco
best of thymes
bonkers
cafe iguana
These are all within walking distance "i think" of the tropikist which is essential as we like a tipple and so will not have any transport.

Do you think I have missed anywhere out?

If so please reply as i would hate to overlook any hidden gems! best wishes Nora :wink: :wink:
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Nora

The rooms at the Tropikist are generally reported as being very good, so as you intend to eat out, I’m sure you will be perfectly happy and have a great holiday.

Two other restaurants that you might want to add to your list and which are within the same radius as the others:

Pelican Reef – reasonable food, regular live entertainment so not a place for a quiet meal and drink.
Kariwak Village Restaurant – very good natural food using fresh herbs from their own garden.

My personal favourite of those you mention – Ru-B-Lou’s (which is also the closest to the Tropikist and within easy staggering distance – unlike some of the others you list).

Have a great time and be sure to report back.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Nora

Post by Nora »

Steve, i cannot begin to tell you how useful this site has been to me. I will definately return the favour and post my findings as soon as I get home. R-b-lous does look like its potentially going to be our 'local haunt' It has by far the best name also. I have added the Kariwak and pelican reef to my list- Looking through past posts I dont know how i missed them! I really am feeling rather smug now and cannot wait for monday- you poor sods in england with all that rushed christmas shooping, rain,queues, and road rage!!! heeheehee!!! :D :D
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Yes, well just don't be too smug or else a Magnificent Frigatebird or Atlantic Tern is bound to crap on your head as you're walking back from Ru-B-Lou's (please make sure you give Ruby my regards).
Steve Wooler
Nora

Post by Nora »

:twisted: Steve,In Britain thats seen as a sign of good luck, - bird crap! best wishes Nora 8)
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Exactly - but it doesn't do much for your dignity or hairstyle.
Steve Wooler
Nora

Post by Nora »

Hmmmm You've got a point there :oops:

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”