Eating out

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Richard Gandy

Eating out

Post by Richard Gandy »

I have to say that I do agree with the last post.

I live in Leeds, and we have many Italian & Indian restaurants in the city, like in may towns & cities all over the UK. Some of the prices quoted on this posts are amazingly high, and I would not wish to pay in the best places at home, London excepted maybe, even on expenses !!

Anyway, why go all this way for food you can get at home. I intend to spend 2 weeks on local food - is this not why we we travel to different parts of the world ?
Paul J Corney

Eating out in Tobago - indigenous vs international

Post by Paul J Corney »

Hi Richard, I agree the prices I quoted for eating out are rather high but that's based on 5 years worth of experience and a lot of eating - which for our group is one of the highlights and why we don't stay at hotels.

Quite honestly Tartarugia is a unique experience accentuated by the owner Gabriel who is passionate about food and what he does - the set menu is circa £25 but he has won many wine awards and so is probably the only time when we will drink wine with a meal.

My personal restaurant favourites are as follows (all are shown on the main web site so I won't repeat what Steve has written) - suffice to say most are locally run places or at least feature local cuisine:

Rub y Lou's
Kariwak Village,
Amadeus (assuming the customer service element is improved)
Beach bar @ Castara,
Jemmas,
Indigos,
Dillons

For different evenings:
Arnos Vale Watermiil,
Pelican Reef (Only as much for the highly amusing cabaret)
La Tatarugia

You might notice I have not included the Shirvan Watermill nor the Sea Horse or MiShells. All are in the £30 per head category (with drinks etc) and in extremely pleasant surroundings - I've no strong feelings on them other than to say that most people enjoy the experience.

I hope that helps.
Deborah Marzohl

Post by Deborah Marzohl »

Unfortunately Amadeus is now closed. It will be greatly missed, not least for their amazing shark steaks and lime pudding.
Deborah
Patrick Dankou
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Amadeus

Post by Patrick Dankou »

Hi Deborah,
you will delighted to hear that the Amadeus reopened recently.
They are closed on fridays however and it is always a good idea to call them for reservations.
Patrick Dankou
Yes Tourism - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com
Deborah Marzohl

Post by Deborah Marzohl »

That's great news. Thanks for the update
Deborah

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”